MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #1 
Over the years I have had little snatches of memory about the fun little things my children and grandchildren said when they were small.  I found if I didn't write them down, right when I thought of them, I would forget them until my next moment of remembering.  When I try to remember these cute words, phrases, and sometimes insightful childhood statements or questions, the file in which they are safely locked in my brain absolutely will NOT open!  So, I did start to write them down when I thought of them, leaving me with little scraps of paper all over the house which sometimes would disappear for a while.  (Because I put them in a "safe" place.)  ;D

So for our first challenge here, I'd like you to create a page featuring "child speak" where the cute, funny things the children in your life say (or said) can be recorded, added to as you remember more and kept all in one precious place.  If you don't have children in your life, you could record silly, funny, or odd words or phrases your significant other, parents, siblings, friends, etc. use. 

I hope this challenge will be fun and I can't wait to see and read everyone's pages!  Just a suggestion... keep an edit-able copy of your page so you can add more later.  I am going to post what I have so far as an example, but I want to make another one with a newer kit so this will be a challenge for me too! 

THE RULES:
  • Sticky Rule:  Layouts must be created with kits sold by the designers here at My Memories
  • You can join the challenge using any MM designer's kit, but you must use a WinksArt Graphics kit, one that you already purchased or a newly purchased one, to receive the extra prize for this first challenge
  • Layouts need to be posted here in this thread by May 31st. 
  • Please also, I would love it you would show off your work on my Facebook page here:  https://www.facebook.com/WinksArtGraphics  (Not a rule, but very much appreciated!)
  • Everyone who participates gets a loyalty stamp!
PLEASE INCLUDE:
  • Please let us know the designer's name and kit name you used for your layout.
  • Your subject's approximate age at the time and his/her relationship to you.
  • Include a photo if you like; it's optional, but fun to see whose words you're recording. 
Be creative and enjoy this challenge! 

Valerie  ;D

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #2 
Ok here's mine.  It's a pretty simple page but I wanted the journaling to be easy to focus on.  Have fun with this!  [comp]  Almost forgot... I did this with my All Boy kit. 

2014-5_ChildSpeakChallenge_600px.jpg

Reply with quote  #3 
I wish I had kids. I'll have to keep my ears open. Usually it's just me and mom around here, and I'm the one who says silly things LOL Today I'm going to my grandmother's house, so we will see if anyone says anything there that is scrapworthy.

I love your layout. Esp the focus on the journaling. I'm a journaling junkie LOL
Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks, Rebekah!  Record your own funny things!!!  That's fun too.  ;D

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 
I don't have children of my own but I do have a favorite "child speak" that I wanted to share.

I rarely ever work with just one kit in doing a layout.

This layout includes:

background is from Chalk It Up Chalked Edges by Snickerdoodle Designs

chalk monograms are from Chalk It In Color Alphabet Set by Karen Diamond Designs

Embellishments are from

• A Place In Time by Dora Digitals
  • Backyard Fun (part of the monthly Design Club)
  • Chalkboard Tags by Winks Art Graphics
  • Chalk Talk by Albums To Remember
  • Snips and Snails by Becky's Creations
  • Time For School Journal Cards by Sweet Dreamer Designs

My favorite child speak.jpg 

Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #6 
Oh, Stumblinn, I love it!!!  Don't kids say the funniest things?!  I love your page; the journaling is easy and fun to read and I really like the chalkboard style.  The little guy in the bottom left corner with his froggie is so cute!

Thanks for posting!  ;D

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for your kind words, Valerie.

I have been slowly building a collection of various things related to chalkboards from various MyMemories designers as I think it is a fun look.   This layout was a good time to use some of them.    

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.