MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Albums to Remember

Reply with quote  #1 
This month we are focusing on 2 photos. Your challenge is to create a layout based on one of the layout samples below, use any kit you want (you can be entered to win a kit valued up to $5.99 from my store if you use an Albums to Remember kit). Post your layout below.

• You don't need to use the same kit.
  • Create a layout based on one of the 4 samples below. Your layout should look similar (but with a different kit). Follow the format of the layout.
  • You can use a kit by any designer. (Must use Albums to Remember kit to be entered into draw).
  • Post by Feb. 28

Kit used is Construct It. This layout works so well with the group of 2 photos, an embellishment cluster behind to draw your eye to the photo group and a lot of white space so nothing else distracts you on the page.

Feb_2.jpg 

This layout works well with 2 photos by highlighting the main photo by making it large. Details of the house they are working on is highlighted in the smaller photo by the title. You could draw even more attention to the smaller photo by creating a larger white border around it. Kit used is Sister Bundle.

February1.jpg 
The key to getting this layout to look balanced is that Jonyce added a shape in for her journaling and balance it out with a couple of embellishment clusters. In this case you don't want to leave the left hand corner blank because it may make the page look unbalanced. Add something large to the left corner. Kit used is Time to Travel Pack.

Feb_3.jpg 
Try putting both of your photos into a circle. This confines them and helps them not to get lost on the page. Add some embellishments to finish off the theme and you have a fun page. Note that this page is busy and the frames really help to bring focus onto the photos. When you are using a lot of embellishments it is a good idea to use a frame to draw attention to where you want the viewer to look. Kit used is Doctor Doctor.
Feb_4.jpg 
Have fun creating!SaveSave

My Designs at My Memories Suite

Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with coupon code STMMMS0718 (you will also get a free month of the design club (8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off photobook printing).

kam0202

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #2 
These are my sisters with their spouses.  I tend to be symmetrical...which doesn't exactly follow the rule of thirds.  This is using "All in a Day Pink Bliss" by Albums to Remember.  I love your stuff!

Snickerdoodle-Layouts600-039.jpg   

txtechmom09

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
I love the pictures of my mom and dad caring for each other during their "bad" days.  I used the Medical Doctor kit and Photo Mask by Albums to Remember. Challenges-001.jpg 
Albums to Remember

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam0202
These are my sisters with their spouses.  I tend to be symmetrical...which doesn't exactly follow the rule of thirds.  This is using "All in a Day Pink Bliss" by Albums to Remember.  I love your stuff!

Snickerdoodle-Layouts600-039.jpg   

Fun colors to mimic the fun had in the photos. Nice layout!

Save

Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with coupon code STMMMS0718 (you will also get a free month of the design club (8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off photobook printing).

Albums to Remember

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtechmom09
I love the pictures of my mom and dad caring for each other during their "bad" days.  I used the Medical Doctor kit and Photo Mask by Albums to Remember. Challenges-001.jpg 

What a precious layout, something to treasure for sure. I love it when people document this time of love for future generations to see!

Save

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.