MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Elizabeth

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #1 
Alright then, here we go!  This challenge will last for July and August!  You know (and I know it too) that you've taken lots of vacation photos which you intended to scrap, and then never got that book finished so you could have it printed!

I'm guilty as well, so I won't judge you.  But what I will do is give you an incentive to get it done.  Here's the deal:  Scrap FIVE NEW pages from a vacation you haven't finished the layouts for, and get a set of overlay edges bonus.  Make it to TEN NEW pages from a vacation you haven't finished the layouts for, and choose any one of my products for your bonus.  Scrap another ten and choose another product.

I know some of you have all my products that are in the MM store, and if there is one of my old DSP products you don't see here you may ask for that.  And...since I know a lot of you already have those covered with the closeout sale, I'll work with you and owe you the next new kit I finish.

The whole point is to get you to finish those pages and get that book done!  Just think - it could be printed and mailed to you way before the queue starts for Christmas gifts - or you could just set it aside all ready and be watching for shutterfly specials or the like. 

Which brings me to another request - I'd love us to share any finds we come across for coupons or specials to print books, during this challenge. Link them in this thread, thanks!

Keep track of your layout counts by posting them in this thread all in one post.  If 600 pixels looks too large for the layouts, try 450; sometimes I do that.

Here is the bonus for five:

SwirlySamplerOverlays-001.jpg 
diturpin

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #2 
I so need this! Thanks!
Karyn

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #3 

for anyone in Australia, I only use BigW for photobooks and the quality is amazing! they have regular specials but you can find the current half price specials here 

meanwhile here's my first 5 pages of the album I'm finishing using Cruise by Albums To Remember

CRUISE-000-1.jpg 

CRUISE-003-2.jpg 

CRUISE-001-3.jpg 

CRUISE-004-celebrity-today.jpg 

CRUISE-005-celebrity-today-2.jpg 

Raphne

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
What a great idea, Z! You are too kind to organize this!

Karyn, you make me really eager to try cruising! Looks utterly luxurious! Beautiful pages!

Reply with quote  #5 
thanks Raphne - I wasn't sure cruising would be for me but after this first one I'm hooked, we went on another 6 months later and are going on our third in October - stay tuned for the rest of the album, the cruise hasn't even begun yet LOL 
Karyn

Reply with quote  #6 
CRUISE-007-drinks.jpg 

CRUISE-010-drinks-2-zalinka-go-.jpg 

CRUISE-020-OV.jpg 
CRUISE-021-Baccio.jpg 
CRUISE-009-GE-lunch.jpg 

paperlady

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #7 
Karyn, those pages are awesome!

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #8 
Karyn, those are fantastic! I am so enjoying 'going on your cruise' with you!  You will have a gorgeous book at the end of your pages. 
As for me, I actually went on another (short) trip instead of scrapping an old vacation, so far this month!  I have all day today to sit at the computer though; so maybe I will prioritize it in!
Elizabeth

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #9 
Got one done just now! 

calmts600.jpg 

Karyn

Reply with quote  #10 
wow I wish my still shots were as good as your moving car shots Elizabeth! [smile]
Karyn

Reply with quote  #11 
CRUISE-017-GE2.jpg 

CRUISE-016-SH.jpg 

CRUISE-018-TG.jpg 

CRUISE-015-murano.jpg 

CRUISE-019-Bon5.jpg 

Elizabeth

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #12 
Wow, beautiful food shots - not always easy to do!  Well done!
BlackEyedSusan

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #13 
P88-MATH-AWARD-WEB.jpg 

#1 CREDITS: Academics (Elizabeth Weaver); Keeping Score Alpha (Christine Gundersen); graph paper from Live in Color (PillowGirl).

As discussed with Elizabeth, my book is actually a yearbook of sorts that I started and then put off (and off and off) from 2006! I will try to post link to the book at some point.

P88-SOFTBALL-BUTTERFLIES-WE.jpg 

#2 CREDITS: Softball Princess (Clever Monkey Graphics) ... I just purchased this yesterday here on MyMemories!

P88-ART-WORK-WEB.jpg 

#3 CREDITS: Art of Life (Elizabeth Weaver); paint splatter from Disney Cruise (Lisa Campbell); word art from ????

P88-CHORUS-COMPETITION-WEB.jpg 

#4 CREDITS: Music to My Ears (Tina Chambers)

P88-BASEBALL-CHAMPS-WEB.jpg 

#5 CREDITS: Homerun Derby (Haynay Designs) P88-PLAYGROUND-DEDICATION-W.jpg 

#5 CREDITS: Everyday Joys (DSP Designers); word art (Elegant Word Art by Bethany)

smikeel

Reply with quote  #14 
These are pages I have been making for various challenges here at MM. They are of a trip to Maui my son, grandchildren, and I made June 5th thru June 13th for my granddaughter's high school graduation present. They weren't created in any special order, because I have been scrapping the photos that work with the kits. [smile] I have posted them by the date of the photo/activity in this thread.

This page was for Happy's Room June Instruction Challenge. I used Orange Stuff Designer Pack by Happy Scrap Arts. This was the day we arrived on Maui (June 5). We had dinner at Moose McGillycuddy's Pub & Cafe which was right next door to our condo in Kihei. This is what my son had for dinner. I will add journaling to the one I put in the book to print.
6-21-2014-Umm-Umm-Good-mikweb.jpg 

These next 2 double pages were for Erica's June EEE Challenge. This was our first full day on Maui (June 6). 
This one uses the challenge kit Here Comes Summer Designer Pack and Here Comes Summer Paper Pack by Everything Erica. The journaling is included with the page I posted in her June EEE challenge.
Maui-June-6,-2014-Kihei-Beach-Day-both-mikweb.jpg 

This one uses the posting bonus Here Comes Summer 2 Designer Pack as well as the challenge kit and the paper pack - all by Everything Erica. I also used her DSP 6 Across The Waves Quick Click. Again the journaling is included with the one I posted in her June EEE challenge.
6-29-2014-Maui-June-6,-2014---Kihei-Beach-Day-2-both-mikweb.jpg 

This next page was for Carole Harden's June Share The Luv that was due on 6/30/14 using Lime Orange Fizz Designer Pack by Share The Luv. I also used her freebie Spot On The Side Quick Click. This also doubled for Carole's June CEA Inspiration challenge. This photo was taken June 7th.
6-20-2014-Summer-Treat-mikweb.jpg 

Here is another page for Happy's Room Instruction Challenge - this one for July using Ocean Waves Designer Pack by Happy Scrap Arts. This is what my son and granddaughter did for half the day June 9th.
7-23-2014-Maui-Boat-Day-mikweb.jpg 

This one was done for Syrena's Scrap Place June Sketch Challenge and doubled with her June CEA Theme Challenge. I used All American Boy Combo Designer Pack by Syrena's Scrap Art. This is part of what my grandson and I did for half the day June 9th.
6-21-2014-Extreme-Trampoline-mikweb.jpg 

And this is the last of the pages I have done to date. This was done for Albums To Remember Design Challenges - June Title Talk Challenge. I used Boyish Blue Bundle Designer Pack by Albums To Remember Designs. This is what we did on June 9th. The line you see in the background is the final line that goes from the top of the mountain back to where we started at the bottom. The people you see on the line are my son and grandson. My granddaughter and I followed them. The line is a half mile ride over the tree tops and I have to say - we all Loved it!!! And by the way - the zip line is the one activity that I wanted to do and insisted it be a part of our itinerary. LOL
6-20-2014-Thrill-Seekers-mikweb.jpg 

Of course there will be more pages to include for each of these days, plus ones for the days I have not covered yet. I think this is a decent start for this album. [smile]

Reply with quote  #15 
WOW Karyn - Awesome pages!!! I Love how you are putting your book together. 

BlackEyedSusan - Great idea to do a yearbook - Love what you have so far, especially the pink for the softball page - she is a cutie!!

Z - Love the photo from the car - mine wind up being a bit blurred as a rule. LOL Gorgeous page!!!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.