MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Dixie

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #1 
First of all, a big thanks to Rebekah for the Photography Club forum!

Show of hands: how many of us find that they use their iPhones (or Android-run smartphones) to take photos more often than an actual camera (of any kind -- P&S, super-P&S, dSLR, film)?

Of the ones who raised their hands: how many would be willing to share their tips, tricks, app discoveries, techniques and most important, their PHOTOS in here?

So....???? What are y'all waiting for?? Let's get to it! [biggrin]

[phoenixsiggyMM] 

My Facebook  My Instagram (@dixiemama71)
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I actually don't own a cell phone any more, but I used to have both iPhones and Android smart phones in the past and used them for photos almost exclusively, ever since I had to sell my DSLR Canon to pay rent when I was struggling at a part time job.

My favorite photos I got were with my Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2, but my iPhone 5c took pretty good shots.

One of my favorite apps was hipstagram. Also I really loved Pixlr.

I'll have to scrounge up some of my old photos to share.

Right now I am using a Samsung WB250F point and shoot and I really love it. It has a built-in macro feature that I abuse the heck out of LOL
Dixie

Reply with quote  #3 
I received the iPhone 5s from the Hubby for Valentines -- previously I'd had the HTC Thunderbolt. BIG difference in quality. I used the iPhone last night at the (indoor) 8th grade graduation of my best friend's son. Holy Crow! Although the zoom isn't much to brag on (distance shots were pretty 'furry') the exposure was spot-on. When I tried using my Canon SX10 at my own daughter's 8th grade graduation last year, the more I would zoom, the darker the photo. Had I not been corralled in by people last night, and been able to get up front for a closer shot, I'm willing to bet that I'd have had some good pictures of him accepting his 'diploma'.

I have quite a few apps (not Hipstamatic yet), both free & purchased, already. The one I'd like to delve into the most is Camera+. It has quite a few features for setting seperate exposure & focus, plus locks for both. So far, unless I have the time to compose the shot, I totally mess up or miss any 'quick pics' if I try to use it. [rofl]

I'm hoping now that I'm spending less time post-processing, I'll find my scrapping mojo again. I got to the point that I'd be so disgusted with my pictures that I didn't want to share them [frown]

[phoenixsiggyMM] 

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
I thought I was the odd one out for using Iphone photos. It is all I use.  Have Iphone 4 at present which is a much better photo than previous versions.  Hope to get V6 later this year.
Glad to know I don't need to be embarrassed to say my photos aren't from a DSLR. [redface]

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh Dixie, yes I also had camera+!!! It was on my iPhone 4. When I had the 5c I didn't install it because the camera upgrade was pretty decent, but I do remember it being fantastic.
Dixie

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
I thought I was the odd one out for using Iphone photos. It is all I use.  Have Iphone 4 at present which is a much better photo than previous versions.  Hope to get V6 later this year.
Glad to know I don't need to be embarrassed to say my photos aren't from a DSLR. [redface]

Sugar, I used my 5s to to my oldest daughter's maternity photos. Then I imported them into LR4 'just in case', ended up only playing with effect presets in there [smile]. Also ran a few through some PSE 11 and PS Creative actions. But for the majority of them, they're all 'SOOiP' (straight off of iPhone [wink] )

You can see them here if you'd like [smile]

[phoenixsiggyMM] 

kjoistudios

Reply with quote  #7 
[smiley-greet013]  I have a Canon DSLR that hasn't been unpacked since we moved last year [rolleyes][rolleyes]  I use my iphone for snapshots but I use my ipad for better quality photos!  I love that I can get great shots, awesome resolution and it's so easy!  I can shared with everyone as I take the photos!

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks. Congrats for being Grandma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar

Sugar, I used my 5s to to my oldest daughter's maternity photos. Then I imported them into LR4 'just in case', ended up only playing with effect presets in there [smile]. Also ran a few through some PSE 11 and PS Creative actions. But for the majority of them, they're all 'SOOiP' (straight off of iPhone [wink] )

You can see them here if you'd like [smile]

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
susyq532

Reply with quote  #9 
I pretty much gave up using my Nikon point and shoot camera in favor of my iPhone 5.  The pictures are just as good if not better, and even zoom shots are better.  Plus my phone is so much handier to get those candid shots.  I haven't tried using any apps to 'enhance' my pictures, but I do use Dropbox as an app on my phone.  When wi-fi is available, the Dropbox app will automatically download any pics I have taken with the phone.  Then when I am ready to scrap on the laptop, I just open my Dropbox folder and there they are.

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by susyq532
I pretty much gave up using my Nikon point and shoot camera in favor of my iPhone 5.  The pictures are just as good if not better, and even zoom shots are better.  Plus my phone is so much handier to get those candid shots.  I haven't tried using any apps to 'enhance' my pictures, but I do use Dropbox as an app on my phone.  When wi-fi is available, the Dropbox app will automatically download any pics I have taken with the phone.  Then when I am ready to scrap on the laptop, I just open my Dropbox folder and there they are.

Yes, I do this with my Microsoft OneDrive account. [smile]

[phoenixsiggyMM] 

kat75

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #11 
I use my iPhone 4S a LOT for photos, but I can't say I use it more than my dSLR.  I looove my iPhone and love playing with the photo apps but it will never replace my dSLR.  Convenience-wise, yes!  The camera you have on you is the best camera. [biggrin]  My favorite apps have to be Pixlr-o-matic, Photoshop Express, TTV Basic, and VintageCam, off the top of my head.  I have an entire page on my iPhone dedicated to photo apps. [tongue]  My Flickr account is filled equally with iPhone and dSLR shots. [wink]
diturpin

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #12 
Hi, Dixie!
I love my iP5s but don't use it much for photos. I do some but I need to start checking out some of the apps. I have camera+ but forget to use it. Also have photoshop express. Looking forward to seeing more tips and tricks!
BarbN

Reply with quote  #13 
I have an LG optimus G that I really like but only use it for photos when I am not prepared to take them-if that makes sense.  otherwise, I take my Panasonic Lumix when I plan on photos.  perhaps when I get more comfortable with the phone, I will use it more and take better photos.  so far, not sure if I have any scrapworthy but I'll be checking. 

I read about the dropbox app.  would that work for my phone?  that would be nicer than always posting them to facebook or forwarding them to my email.  thanks [wink]
susyq532

Reply with quote  #14 
BarbN - I think Dropbox would work on your phone.  I downloaded it on my mother-in-law's phone, and that uses the Android system.  It took a long time to update with the 400 photos on my phone, but now when I take just a few pictures, it downloads them pretty quickly. When I plan on taking pictures I take my Nikon Coolpix L110, which I did when we visited the zoo a week ago.  

Reply with quote  #15 
thanks susyq, I've never had that many photos on my phone but I do the same as you when we go somewhere I know I will want photos.  my phone has turned out to be a nice backup when I forgot to charge my camera battery..it's nice to have the option.  do you watch court tv?  marilyn is always asking if they have a phone that takes pictures and why didn't they use it [biggrin]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.