MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi! Welcome to the January New Year New Challenge with me Crystal from Sugar Moon Designs!

I'm so excited to be doing this with you this year! I hope we make some great layouts and have some fun! If you ever have any questions or ideas I would love to hear from you! You can message me here in the forums or stop by my Facebook Page and message me there!

This month I think most of us think about starting something new, changing something, or maybe giving something up - we make plans to improve our lives in some way. I'm usually really excited about starting something new - but the hard part is sticking with it isn't it! Are you making any "resolutions" or changes this year - or have you decided to just go with the flow and see what happens? That's valid too!

This year I have several ideas of things I would like to do - this Sweet Inspiration challenge space is one of them! I plan to have some fun challenges for you every month to inspire you, get you to make some layouts of your precious memories AND hopefully just have a good time!
Okay, so this month I would love to see you scrap your New year Resolutions - Plans - Ideas - or maybe a layout about why you've given up all that nonsense! [tongue]

I've decided to make a "mood board" about my goals. I like this idea of putting all my dreams in one place and keep it somewhere where I will see it often and remind myself of the goals I have. I started doing this last year, and it really helped to keep me focused. Sure, my goals changed as the year went on, but that's okay - it's good to be flexible and realistic - I think that's how we succeed. It's so easy to say "I'm going to lose 100 pounds and eat healthy every day!" Then 3 days later we're crying on the couch with a pint of ice cream angry with ourselves for failing. (maybe that's just me!?) I hope you give yourself some small goals - some realistic goals - and some flexible goals that you can achieve.  I would love to hear about them because I love to encourage people and I love to cheer people on!

Here is my 2018 Mood Board - now your mood board or layout or bullet point list can look or be in whatever form that works for you!

2018_moodboard.jpg 

Some of this is pretty self-explanatory. I have goals to write every day. I have a goal to read 100 books this year. I want to grow my prayer time and my spiritual life. I have a goal to make one art project a month (trying to keep it realistic). I also want to remind myself about important stuff (to me) gardening, enjoying nature, staying organized, choosing joy and taking care of myself, and most of all being grateful for everything around me.

Okay so it's your turn - want to share what you want to do or have plans to do? I would love to see them!

For this month's challenge you don't have to use any special kits or supplies - just whatever inspires you! 

Here are the challenge rules:

1. Create a Layout, Mood Board, List, Art Journal, or Surprise Me with your format!

2. Save your layout at 600x600 pixels and post it in the current month's Sweet Inspiration Challenge Thread.

3. Also, don't forget to tell us in the thread which kit you used, and please link to that kit in the store so that we all can find it. 

4. You'll have until the 12:00 Midnight Central Standard Time on the last day of the month to make your layout, so please have it posted by the end of the month in order to earn prizes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize ~ If you've followed all of the rules, you will receive a (sur) PRIZE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sugar Moon Design store here at MyMemories  [wave]   Sugar Moon Design Blog 

USE MY CODE: STMMMS42122 to save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software  + 1 free month of the design club ( = 8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off on photobook printing.

THANKS, EVERYONE! Can't wait to see your layouts!!

blondecrouton

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #2 
One of my goals this year is to love more and get upset/angry less especially about things out of my control.  Like traffic or slow computers - remember the beautiful flowers and those that love you.

I used the Sugar Moon kit Boquet

https://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=SMCC-MI-1702-119650

love.png 

sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh, that is so beautiful - and what a great resolution to have! I have a hard time with being patient as well! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous layout and inspiring resolution with us!! [smile]
jbylam

Reply with quote  #4 

wish board.jpg 

Thanks for the challenge, I used your kit Take Me Away.

sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #5 
I love your page! The rich colors are beautiful, but mostly I'm so inspired by your goal!! I have primary lymphedema in my legs which makes walking and standing for long periods of time a real challenge. I have wraps and other things that I do to keep going, but I understand the struggle of not being able to physically do what you want to. I'm cheering for you! I hope the physical therapy helps you out!! Have you tried walking in a pool? We have a small indoor pool here at our wellness center that I use to exercise in. It's so nice to walk and stretch and it seems so easy when your in the water, but boy the resistance really helps. I know not everyone is comfortable in a swimsuit, but I just had to get brave and do it and it really has helped me so much. I hope you can find something like that for yourself! Okay enough from me! Thank you so much for joining in! I really love your page! 😉
jbylam

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmoon
I love your page! The rich colors are beautiful, but mostly I'm so inspired by your goal!! I have primary lymphedema in my legs which makes walking and standing for long periods of time a real challenge. I have wraps and other things that I do to keep going, but I understand the struggle of not being able to physically do what you want to. I'm cheering for you! I hope the physical therapy helps you out!! Have you tried walking in a pool? We have a small indoor pool here at our wellness center that I use to exercise in. It's so nice to walk and stretch and it seems so easy when your in the water, but boy the resistance really helps. I know not everyone is comfortable in a swimsuit, but I just had to get brave and do it and it really has helped me so much. I hope you can find something like that for yourself! Okay enough from me! Thank you so much for joining in! I really love your page! 😉

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I am so sorry to hear about your legs.  Yes, there is a pool and it was mentioned for a goal after a while and I have never been overly conscious about my body, so getting in a swimsuit is no big deal for me, so we'll see what happens in the future. I am so glad I am in your thoughts, it helps just knowing that someone is thinking of me.

Shirley
sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks everyone for participating here! I have sent you both your prize code - please let me know if you don't receive a message from Sugar Moon Designs! [biggrin]
Can't wait to see you all in the February thread! [wave]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.