MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
BarbN

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #1 
I would like to save the clusters or borders I make in MMS for use on other pages.  how would I do this?  I have PSP7 and 8 to work with but not sure what size to make the final product.  thanks for any help.
kjoistudios

Reply with quote  #2 
Hello and Welcome to MM!

Most digital scrapbooking products are geared towards at 12 x 12 page at 300 dpi.  I make my elements and clusters just where I think they would look right on a page that size.  I would think borders should be 12 inches long.

I'm sure someone else will come along to answer the part about saving from MMS. [wink]

BarbN

Reply with quote  #3 
thanks for your reply joi.  this helps a lot.  if I use the elements from MMS to make clusters in PSp7, then I can save them as .jpg to use in MMS.  I didn't think you could save a cluster you assembled on a page to use in a separate album. 
I do notice that any element I open in PSP has black areas instead of transparency; I think this may be because they were made in Photoshop.  will I just have to see how it saves and work it out?  thanks again.
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
MMS doesn't let you save files the same way other programs do. What you would need to do is create ONLY the cluster or border (nothing else on the page), then when you have it how you want it, use the "Share" feature on the menu across the top of the program. You can then "Export" the album and choose "PNG" for the file type.

MMS will save the "album" as a PNG file, which you can then use that PNG as an element on a new page.

Hope that helps [smile]

The other option is simply to create your clusters and borders in PSP, save as a PNG, and use that as an element on your pages. There are far fewer steps. But if you're more comfortable with MMS, it can be done [smile]
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh, and the "album" that is exported will create the PNG file in whatever size page you used. You can trim the file down by opening teh PNG in PSP and cropping it to fit the size of the cluster or border.
BarbN

Reply with quote  #6 
thank you rebekah, these tips help a lot.  I didn't realize you could save in MMS, share etc.  and have it permanently.  I will try both methods to see what works best for me.  It seemed like a lot of work for a cluster and then only be able to copy it from page to page, which I have done.  I think these tips will let me do what I want.

should have joined the forum long ago instead of pestering Lisa all the time!  thanks again everyone.
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
We are glad to have you here! 
BarbN

Reply with quote  #8 
yet another question...I have made a cluster in MMS.  it was easier than PSP as my version has them NOT visibly transparent and the patch for it is no longer available (too old!).
I have used elements from one purchased kit.  Can I add the cluster to the embellishments for this kit right into the folder or will I need to bring it in as a general embellishment from elsewhere on my pc?  tia [smile]
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
It would need to be added from elsewhere on your PC. I have to do that same thing when creating templates in MMS, since all of my creations are in my own folders.
BarbN

Reply with quote  #10 
many thanks rebekah, have a great weekend.
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
And you as well!!! [smile]
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Barb
If you have a full version of MMS5 not the trial version, when you press share then press export, you then have a choice of formats and as you go down there is a choice of sizes (4) as well as you can choose which pages and where to put them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbN
I would like to save the clusters or borders I make in MMS for use on other pages.  how would I do this?  I have PSP7 and 8 to work with but not sure what size to make the final product.  thanks for any help.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
BarbN

Reply with quote  #13 
thank you sugar.  I have managed to save one in my general embellishment files for use on any other pages.  I have managed to copy and share between the pages of the album I am working on.  I have the latest version.  I started out with version 2 and recently got v. 5.  will look at the steps you recommend the next time I have it open (probably in about 5 minutes !)
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Does this mean there is a way to essentially "import" my combo packs into folders that will work inside MM without having to browse and find the files elsewhere? Because I neeeeeeeed that!
BarbN

Reply with quote  #15 
I have saved the cluster I made in a folder on my pc that I have for all the extras. I don't know about putting anything directly into mms folders-if you can do it or if it would have any adverse effect.  anything for download on mms can go right into mms on your pc.  do you mean combos you have that are not on mms? 

It would be nice to have a folder that you could just paste your own content into for use in mms with out browsing.  you could switch it out for each project.  We do that for Zoo Tycoon as it will only hold a certain number of embellishments at a time.  we have separate folders and move them in and out of that one folder for use within the game.  If we had that feature, you could gather all the kits and embels together in one folder and not have to browse on your pc for anything.  I know you can save mms content in the favorites but this would allow you to have it all on the one screen.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.