MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Hopefully Sugar can lend some insight into this. I would love being able to not have to "browse" for everything!
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #17 
ok Here goes. I don't recommend anyone doing this who is not at home/knowledgeable with how a computer works, saves, looks at files etc.
These are the instructions for Windows7. I often have three Folder Explorer windows opened to make the process easier. (One set up for backrounds, one for elements and the one I am working on.) You need to have your folders separated into backgrounds and embellishments.  As per my post on saving files, (has lots more info) I find this naming format the best for saving files: Designer initials, Kit name, other info. 
The files are placed in the MY Memories components files.
Found here:  Pogramme Files (86), My Memories, Components: either( embellishments, 1-designer embellishments then whichever folder.) or ( Backgrounds, themes and whichever folder)  Of course elements have to be png with transparent background. I like to keep all of MMS in a separate folder with each designer having a sub folder and a further sub folder for the kit.
If it isn't clear let me know. [smile] 
have a great scrapping time.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
BarbN

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #18 
so, you place everything in MMS using your folder system?  this does not bog down the system?  they show up in your tree when you choose background or embellishments and you don't have to browse? 

if just putting things in separate folders solves this, then I can do that.  right now, I have this same system but not inserted into the mms files but kept elsewhere which of course causes me to browse.

I have found that having 2 explorer windows open will help keep the destination the same for the browse unless you need to open a photograph and then it all has to be searched for over again.  that would be a nice feature if you could have the left and right areas of mms navigate using separate explorer windows.
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #19 
Yes they show up. Obviously if MMS5 is open, you will have to restart MMS before it will show up. If you use the gallery on the left in MMS, I think some of your issues will be resolved and you won't need two browser windows open when using MMS [smile]

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
GailS

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbN
thanks for your reply joi.  this helps a lot.  if I use the elements from MMS to make clusters in PSp7, then I can save them as .jpg to use in MMS.  I didn't think you could save a cluster you assembled on a page to use in a separate album. 
I do notice that any element I open in PSP has black areas instead of transparency; I think this may be because they were made in Photoshop.  will I just have to see how it saves and work it out?  thanks again.

I have a very new version of PSP, but I started with version 4 [smile]  Version 7 was the first version that allowed transparency, but many times I still come across images that open with black backgrounds.

Try this:

File > Export > PNG Optimizer.

When the optimizer opens, click on transparency tab, and choose  Alpha channel transparency.

You may also have to choose black as the transparency color choice. Can't remember if there's a preview screen in PSP7, but if there is, it will tell you if you've succeeded in getting the right settings.

Also make sure it's a raster rather than a vector image in PSP. You might have to convert it to raster if the alpha channel / transparency choice does not work, or is not an available option in your image.

There could be more to it than that, but I remember that AH HA!! moment when I figured it out. [smile]

BarbN

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks so much for your detailed explanation, Gail.  I think I started with 5 and have 7 and 8.  I use 7 most of the time as it does what I want and I'm used to it.  I do like the auto photo correct in 8 and do use that feature.  I have never got used to raster/vector or what they do or how you use them.  I don't make many of my own graphics any longer and I mostly made small icons in another program.  I have made several clusters on an empty page in mms and saved them as ping and that has worked well.  it just seemed such a waste to assemble a cluster and have to do it all over again!  now I can do it and save with the kit for future use.  I will remember, or refer, to your instructions when I want to assemble something in psp.  thanks again!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.