MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
Art For Scrapbooking

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #1 

Welcome to THE SHUTTER SHED

I am so looking forward to getting to know you and sharing through our photographs.

Join in and you will receive a gift from me. There is no requirement to buy my products although I would LOOOVVVE you to. We do prefer in layouts you use designs from the MyMemories store or your own of course. Don't forget to give credit.

SO HERE WE GO

Adding to your life's scrapbook.

THE CHALLENGE

This month the challenge is to take a NEW photo. Give us some info on how/when you took it, why you chose to take this photo, what camera /phone etc you used and also think about what you like about the photo and anything you would change. You could include this on your page or in the comments [smile] Give us a little insight into you.

Do you sometimes have trouble focusing and get blurry photos - I have a tip for you from SLR Photography Guide. The advice is simple, Don’t Get Too Close!  read the whole article here.

TAKE YOUR PHOTO

MAKE A PAGE AROUND YOUR PHOTO

UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE

Uploading your LO image here - There are two easy ways to do this. Either go to the bottom of the forum and just click in the Reply Box and type a message and upload your image or use the reply tab at the bottom or top of the forum. Select "insert photo" (the little icon that looks like a tree) and a pop up box appears allowing you to either link your image directly into your post from your computer or another web site.

I will send you a link to a gift for participating. [preview soon]

Use Coupon Code STMMMS1992 to get $10 off MyMemories Suite v.5
a FREE Photobook and a $10 coupon for the MyMemories store
smikeel

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #2 

These are photos of my cat I took over the last couple of days.  I try to periodically get photos of my kitty, so I will have the memories when she is no longer with me - which should still be a very long time as she is only 4 years old. 

The camera I use is an Olympus Tough (TG-830) It is shock proof to 7 ft (which means I can drop it and it will survive), and it is water proof to 33 ft (which means I can take underwater shots). No, I don't make a habit of dropping it, and for the most part the only underwater I do is in a swimming pool. LOL 

This camera has so many settings, and not being a photographer, I usually wind up shooting in *auto* mode which the photos turn out good sometimes and bad sometimes. Since I took these outdoors they turned out OK, but I am clueless as to how to make them better with the camera. The one with her under the wheelbarrow she was shaded (they look a bit *foggy* to me), and the one in the flower pot she was not. All these photos are *as is* - I did not do any adjustments with Photo Shop.

I have been thinking that I should learn more about this camera and photography in general, so I am thinking this Shutter Shed Challenge is one I should be participating in. I just might learn a thing or two. [biggrin]

Journaling:

During the summer months Ratella is always sleeping in the tall grass under the wheelbarrow, or lounging in the empty flower pot in the backyard. She has the choice to come in the house where it is cool, but apparently prefers her *nests*.

7-6-2014-Cat-Nap-mikweb.jpg 

I used Cats Designer Pack by Art For Scrapbooking.

Fonts: Capitals and 5th Grade Cursive

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #3 
Ratella is a very pretty kitty! Love the flower pot one! Kitty, too, prefers to be outside in the heat instead of inside in the cool. Hmmmm...must be a cat thing.
Art For Scrapbooking

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smikeel

These are photos of my cat I took over the last couple of days.  I try to periodically get photos of my kitty, so I will have the memories when she is no longer with me - which should still be a very long time as she is only 4 years old. 

The camera I use is an Olympus Tough (TG-830) It is shock proof to 7 ft (which means I can drop it and it will survive), and it is water proof to 33 ft (which means I can take underwater shots). No, I don't make a habit of dropping it, and for the most part the only underwater I do is in a swimming pool. LOL 

This camera has so many settings, and not being a photographer, I usually wind up shooting in *auto* mode which the photos turn out good sometimes and bad sometimes. Since I took these outdoors they turned out OK, but I am clueless as to how to make them better with the camera. The one with her under the wheelbarrow she was shaded (they look a bit *foggy* to me), and the one in the flower pot she was not. All these photos are *as is* - I did not do any adjustments with Photo Shop.

I have been thinking that I should learn more about this camera and photography in general, so I am thinking this Shutter Shed Challenge is one I should be participating in. I just might learn a thing or two. [biggrin]

Journaling:

During the summer months Ratella is always sleeping in the tall grass under the wheelbarrow, or lounging in the empty flower pot in the backyard. She has the choice to come in the house where it is cool, but apparently prefers her *nests*.

I used Cats Designer Pack by Art For Scrapbooking.

Fonts: Capitals and 5th Grade Cursive

Thanks so much for joining in and welcome. I love your photos and hope you have your beautiful cat with you for years. Mine lived to be 19 [smile]  Your camera looks like a great all round one and it is always good to be tough lol.
I have learnt to turn up my ISO when taking photos in the shade. Have a look at this info but if it is gobblygook I understand. Generally if you are in shade I would turn the ISO up to 200 or even 400. It is probably a bit 'foggy' as it is harder to get the contrast. When there isn't enough light the camera takes longer to take the photo and you can get blur as well. I take a photo each week for my local cafe in very dull candlelight and by turning the ISO up to around 1600 I can still get a quick shot and enough light getting in.
You could even try editing the photo in photoshop. Which version do you have ?

Use Coupon Code STMMMS1992 to get $10 off MyMemories Suite v.5
a FREE Photobook and a $10 coupon for the MyMemories store
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.