MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
DebK

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm just getting started in digi-scrapbooking, so excuse the basic question. I downloaded a freebie, "Best Nest Family Tree" by Sugar Moon to make a simple visual family tree page for each of my grandkids for Christmas.  
     It has a template page where photos can be dropped in, as well there are some loose oval frames as PNG embellishments.  I cannot use the template page.  I want to build my own page from scratch and also use the png oval frame embellishments.
These frames have no grey or checkerboard inlay.  So, how do these loose frames work? 
     I cannot figure out how to use these loose oval frames like the template page. I was hoping to drop and drag my photos into the separate oval frames but it doesn't seem to work that way.  
I need your help. Thanks so much.
LLL Creations

*My Memories Designer*
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Deb

When you are in My Memories Suite you just click on the Photos tab on the right side control panel and then click on 'Box'.  A square photo box will appear.  You can change the shape of that photo box by clicking on the shape option (which is also under the 'Photo tab' you were just under on the right of the program).   For your example, click on  the circle/oval shape and use the square adjusters to pull and size it.  Just put that 'box' under your frame and drop in your photo.
I hope that sounded clear...lol.
If you need any more help, just ask...
[smile]

Lil

[MM%20Forum%20Banner]
Join me on facebook HERE -  Get up to date news on freebies, new items in the shop, sales and more!

Note: If you have already liked my Facebook page but are not seeing my posts it's because you have stopped interacting with it.  Come on over and just like a few posts or comment and you should start to see them again.  No interaction = they stop in your news feed.

Get $10 off My Memories Suite by using this promo code:
STMMMS29686
Get the software HERE

DebK

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Lil for responding. Your detailed instructions were very clear and understandable. Thank you for taking the time to explain the steps.....I was basically doing what you suggested, but I am not getting the outcome I want, which is to be able to move the picture and frame together around the page. I will have many of these pic/frames to move about as I build my family tree page. 

I tried to group them but it doesn't recognize the picture and the frame (since they are on top of each other). I also tried going into the Layers panel and grouping that way but to no avail there either. 

Any other suggestions? 
Regards
Deb 

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi
There are a couple of ways.
1. Using the layers, click on the bottom (photo). Once that is hilighted on the page hold shift or ctrl key at the same time as clicking on the top element on the page not on the layers.
2. You can use your mouse by clicking on a blank area to the side and holding the mouse as you drag it over the items you want. 
Once both items are hilighted you can then group.
Have fun.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
DebK

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you Sugar for helping me..It Worked !!

For me it was #2 as you suggested above in your note.
#1 did NOT work for me (Mac user), not sure why not? .. oh, well doesn't matter,as    #2 did.   

I thought I had tried #2 suggestion before, because I know how to group but it wouldn't group for me. The only thing I could think of that I might not have been doing was first clicking on a blank area to the side and then grouping. 

thanks again for you reply.
Deb 

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #6 
You're welcome

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.