MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
SnickerdoodleDesigns

Reply with quote  #1 
Welcome to the February Quote Challenge!  Although it's the first of February, where I live, we are still experiencing the cold of winter, along with rain, thunderstorms, and lots of fog.  I love Spring, but am not quite ready for it.  So the challenge this month will be to create a layout using a WINTER QUOTE.  

You may use whatever kit you like, and whatever quote you like. It just must relate to "winter."

Here is some inspiration for you from some of my team members, using my newest collection, Winter Wonderland.

sd-dd-Kay-TDC.jpg

sd-winwon-renee01-600.jpg

sd-winwon-renee02-600.jpg

You are not required to use Winter Wonderland, but if you are looking for a Winter Kit, you might enjoy taking a peek at it!

Winter-Wonderland-Pack-1.jpg

Enjoy! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

See my entire MyMemories store HERE.

[designer_MM%20%281%29] 
My Blog     My Newsletter (for freebies, sales information)

Click HERE and use the coupon code STMMMS40410 to receive a $10 discount on the purchase of the My Memories Suite scrapbook software, plus FREE bonuses when you check out!

kam0202

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #2 
Snickerdoodle-Layouts600-038.jpg 

Another taste of Winter Wonderland.  Thanks, Karen!!!  Absolutely love your stuff!

dallasndillonsmom

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
I hope my simple layout makes someone smile. [smile]

bthiels

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #4 
I appreciate the quote inspiration, but do you post them anywhere.  I can't find a gallery.  I'm a newby to the Forum/Gallery.
SnickerdoodleDesigns

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks, Kam0202 for another great challenge entry!  I love the photos you used. The colors work beautifully with this kit!  The stitched edges and the border clusters are just perfect, and I love your quote!  Thank you for particilation!

bthiels, Thank you for joining in.  There is not a gallery for you to post your layout in.  You can just post it here in the Challenge thread so we can enjoy it.  When you post a Reply, do you see the little "tree" icon at the top of the reply box?  Click on that, and you will be asked to navigate to your layout, which is on your computer. Select it, and click Open, then Ok. That should place the image here for you.  Looking forward to seeing it!

[designer_MM%20%281%29] 

Click HERE and use the coupon code STMMMS40410 to receive a $10 discount on the purchase of the My Memories Suite scrapbook software, plus FREE bonuses when you check out!

dallasndillonsmom

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #6 
I hope my simple layout makes someone smile. 

The little green tree that is supposed to upload my pics doesn't work, and yes, I press the my computer and okay button.  I took a shower and came back and still nothing had opened up.  The insert photos prompt leads me to the same as the little green tree.  The 'Attach a file' with the paperclip was the only way I could attach my picture.  I'm sorry.  I have another challenge I got a layout all ready for and I'm just going to forget it.  I love the challenges here, but hate fighting with trying to get my layouts uploaded.

Attached Images
jpeg Winter_Quote_Challenge.jpg (285.88 KB, 4 views)

SnickerdoodleDesigns

Reply with quote  #7 
I'm sorry you are having trouble, uploading your images. It might be the size of the image that is causing a problem.  Do you have it resized to a 600x600 image at 72 dpi?  
This attachment works though. I can see the layout, and it is very cute.  I understand your frustration, but hope you will check the size of your layouts, and if it is as mentioned above and you are still  having trouble, just attach your layout as you have done here. We all love challenge participants!  Thanks for your effort!

[designer_MM%20%281%29] 

[email protected]

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Karen,

I happened to be browsing the site and came across this. Recently an update to Google Chrome created problems with image uploads, so it's possible if the person having the problem changes browsers, that might fix it. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Elaina/aka
Nightshadow

Thanks, Elaina!  I"ll keep this in mind!

Save
bthiels

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #9 
Winter (600 x 457).jpg 
This is a picture I took from my front deck a few years ago.  I did some enhancement techniques on it, then made the background using a Susie Roberts Linen Deck paper with my color overlay applied and added a stroke.  I didn't think it needed any elements.  I like the framed painting look.
Thanks for the inspiration.

bthiels

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam0202
Snickerdoodle-Layouts600-038.jpg 

Another taste of Winter Wonderland.  Thanks, Karen!!!  Absolutely love your stuff!

These colors are lovely and give one a taste of winter.  It sure looks cold!  Nice layout!
kam0202

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthiels

These colors are lovely and give one a taste of winter.  It sure looks cold!  Nice layout!
kam0202

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you!
kam0202

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Winter (600 x 457).jpg 
This is a picture I took from my front deck a few years ago.  I did some enhancement techniques on it, then made the background using a Susie Roberts Linen Deck paper with my color overlay applied and added a stroke.  I didn't think it needed any elements.  I like the framed painting look.
kam0202

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #14 
Beautiful! Love it!
SnickerdoodleDesigns

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Winter (600 x 457).jpg 

[designer_MM%20%281%29] 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.