MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #1 
Are you ready for summer?

This month I thought we could create pages about getting ready for summer.  Include pics and/or journaling of anything you do or have done in the past to prepare for summer, and activities that you look forward to in the summertime; yard work, boating, water skiing, hiking, backpacking, swimming, vegetable or flower gardening, etc.  The subject is pretty general so we should see some fun pages of varied activities.

I can't wait to see your creations!

THE RULES:
  • Sticky Rule:  Layouts must be created with kits sold by the designers here at My Memories.
  • You can join the challenge using any MM designer's kit, but you must use a WinksArt Graphics kit to receive the extra prize for this challenge.
  • Layouts need to be posted here in this thread by June 30th. 
  • Please also, I would love it you would show off your work on my Facebook page here:  https://www.facebook.com/WinksArtGraphics  (Not a rule, but very much appreciated!)
  • Everyone who participates gets a loyalty stamp!
PLEASE INCLUDE:
  • Please let us know the designer's name and kit name you used for your layout.
  • Pictures, journaling or both. 
Be your creative self and enjoy this challenge! 

Valerie  ;D

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #2 
Use one of my kits for this challenge and I'll send you a link for this "So Much Fun Add-On."  (Shown in the top preview.)  That's in addition to the Loyalty Stamp.  Join me here and scrap a fun summer page or two!  ;D  Can't wait to see your creations!

Happy scrapping!
Valerie

This first preview is the add-on.  The other three previews contain images from the full kit... now loading into my store!
WEBImage.jpg 

WEBImage2.jpg 

WEBImage1.jpg 

WEBImage3.jpg

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #3 
thanks for a nice challenge.  Kit is Summer's Treasures by Magical Reality Designs.

2007-mowing-001.jpg 

Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #4 
Wow, Barb, beautiful page.  I love Magical Reality's designs.  They're so ethereal and gorgeous!  That photo shows a wonderful back yard.  I'm jealous!  ;D  Our back yard is about 15 ft. from house to fence!  Great work here.  Really love your page!

PM-ing your loyalty stamp.  Thanks for posting!!!

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Valerie but I think I've unintentionally pulled one on you.  Jerry is doing our yard and the neighbor is doing his!  Jerry is actually going down our property line and we have a bank on the pond but not any yard to speak of.  There is just a path down each side of our house and an enclosed lanai and a patio behind but it is beautiful and I love it. 
Except for the bank that drops down to the pond, this is all the yard I have.
Dsc03123.jpg 

Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #6 
Oh, Barb, that's funny!!!  Yep, you did pull one on me.  ;D  Beautiful view though... you get to enjoy that.

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #7 
Credits:
Here Comes Summer  by Erica Belton
Here Comes Summer 2 by Erica Belton
Colour Splash Word Bits by Meryl Bartho
Mask by Marcee Duggar

Journaling:
My backyard is one of my favorite things about summer.  The warm season is short in Upstate NY, but we make the most of it.  In early spring the gardens are cleaned out of old leaves, weeds are pulled, new mulch spread, and flowers planted all around the yard.

I am lucky to work from home so my Summer Office is the back deck where I can enjoy the warm weather from the shade of the umbrella, and bask in the view of my flower and vegetable gardens.

Best of all I can entertain friends and family and witness my daughters exploring the bugs, critters, and plants in their own backyard.

2013-07-15-Backyard.jpg 

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Lisa!  This is a really great page!  I love the "summer" label and it's placement.  The photo is wonderful... so pretty, and you were right to not ad too many embellishments.  The page doesn't need them.  The grunge works very nicely over the photo.  I guess I could have said I like everything about it!  Great job.  Thanks for posting!  Hope you're enjoying it here in the MM Forum.  There's so much FuN!

I'll PM your Loyalty stamp right away!  ;D

Reply with quote  #9 
your layout reminds me of our yard we had in Ohio, Lisa.  almost the same view and enjoyment.  I have a wonderful view from our lanai here in Florida but the times to enjoy it are reversed from up north.  I had flower boxes around the railing as the yard belonged to our Great Dane.  you should be able to be outside now if it's not raining. 
Many Feathers

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Valerie,
Just FYI, would like to do the challenge, but still can't find the kits in the store. Perhaps I'm going in under the wrong name... I've tried So Much Fun and Ready for Summer and nothing shows up.... ? Is there another name?

MF
Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Feathers! 

Sorry, I made this confusing... the kits shown in the first post here are to show what the prize is if you use one/any of my kits.  The first image is the prize, but I wanted to show the kit images that the prize mini goes with.  You can use any kit you like for the challenge.

Unfortunately, the in-house team is so swamped that it's taking longer for the new kits to get into our stores.  Hopefully So Much Fun will be showing in my store very soon.  Oh, wait!  I just looked at my store and they're there!  The prize mini will go into my store for $2.99 as soon as the challenge is finished.  There's a lot more in it than shows in this preview.  It really is a surprise.  Anyway, if you'd like to use the So Much Fun kit, it's there now.  Yea!!!

Thanks for your note!  ;D

Reply with quote  #12 
Got it! Thanks for your update, Valerie. I'm working all day today and out of town for a workshop early tomorrow that will last till Monday. So I won't be able to scrap. But...as soon as I get back! Glad we have till the 30th!

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #13 
Although we BBQ all year round, summer lends itself  all the more.  Beaches and rainforests are so delightful during the heat of summer. I used the rainforest look gardens in our yard for inspiration. This is how the BBQ area looked when we purchased this house last year.  Used Kreations By Sparky Green Room kit with the butterflies coming from her PAH kit. The hibiscus were photo shopped from my garden photo. The colours for the wording and for the butterflies came from the hibiscus.Challenges & Comps-001.jpg 

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #14 
Wow!  Sugar, what a great BBQ spot!!!  Your photos and page show it off beautifully.  The hibiscus flowers are so beautiful and I really like that you used them as embellishments.  As I study your layout, my eyes are totally drawn to the photos, which is exactly what you want.  Very nice!  Love those butterflies, too!  Thanks for joining the challenge and posting your great layout.  I'll PM your stamp right now.  ;D

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #15 
Thank you Valerie for your kind words. [smile]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie
Wow!  Sugar, what a great BBQ spot!!!  Your photos and page show it off beautifully.  The hibiscus flowers are so beautiful and I really like that you used them as embellishments.  As I study your layout, my eyes are totally drawn to the photos, which is exactly what you want.  Very nice!  Love those butterflies, too!  Thanks for joining the challenge and posting your great layout.  I'll PM your stamp right now.  ;D

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.