MyMemories Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Elizabeth

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #1 
recipeclub200.jpg 

I've been working on (and eventually hope to finish!) a 4 x 6 brag book size for my daughter of all the things she likes to eat, that I cook. I figure if it's a challenge here too, I'll stay motivated to do at least a couple of cards a month. Right? Right.

A brag book holds the 4 x 6 cheaply printed photos from any photo developer, and in the little protected sleeves I won't worry if she spills sauce on the page. Not that she's interested in cooking right now, but later she will be. I hope! She'll have the option anyway!

Now is a good time for you to get whichever recipe cards done you want to for Christmas! My daughter isn't the least bit interested in cooking yet so I'll keep working on hers, maybe for a gift for next year. I'm always adding new things to our meals!

This is a loyalty card challenge.  See details on the loyalty card program here: http://forums.mymemories.com/?forum=369713

Hey, if I have to bribe you to do this along with me to keep ME motivated, then so be it!

You just have to scrap a recipe card (size doesn't matter; it can be a full 12x12 layout if that's how you want to do it) during the month to get the loyalty stamp - and I'll try to send them out twice during the month. I hope to inspire you to make a book too - especially since it would be great to start one now for Christmas gifts, eh? Make sure to include all your heritage recipes if you have any!

Please link your cards in this thread for June - I'll send out the stamps from here. Thanks!

Not required for the challenge, but should you be in need, there are lots of products in the store perfect for this purpose. Here are some examples:

[image]  [image]  [image] 

[image]  [image]  [image]

carena

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #2 
I'll be back with mine a little later on. Hugss

Reply with quote  #3 
yeah me too...isn't this exciting all these challenges popping up....the forums are really starting to ROCK[cool]

LadySilver

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #4 
Love this!!! Can't wait to do it [biggrin]

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #5 
What a great idea to print photo size recipe cards, wish I'd thought of it! lol [biggrin]

I've been working on a cookbook of my favorite recipes for quite some time now. I despair of ever actually getting it finished though, because I keep finding more recipes to add! If I have room, I always try to add a little blurb on the page about what makes that particular recipe special to me. This one was my mom's go-to potato salad recipe, it's the best!!

potato salad.jpg 

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #6 
Perfect potato salad page, Carole!  I love that you add notes to the page; I don't really have room to do it on my little ones.
Cupcake

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #7 
I love recipes....Well...unfortunately most of my recipes are stored away in my brain LOL.  My kids accuse me of cooking in my head. Almost every recipe I get I modify before I make it and almost nothing is the same twice in a row. I used a kit my Maurine Settler
cinnamon rolls.jpg 

Raphne

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #8 
Look! I got one done! I've been meaning to scrap this one so I don't loose track of it ever since I first tried it. Thanks, Z!

MMAppleSweetPotatoeBreakfastTreat.jpg 

I used Elisabeth's wonderful My Vintage Kitchen collection
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=EWMC-CP-1405-59540] as well as some odds and ends from a couple of coordinating element sets I snagged over at DSP, and from former DSP designer Kim Liddiard

ok, how do I add clickable photo links? Anyone know?

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the challenge!

Credits:
Recipe Card Tabz by Elizabeth Weaver
Stacked Up Freebie Recipe card by Elizabeth Weaver
(both from DSP)

Recipe_SouthwesternRice.jpg 

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #10 

Recipe-for-Rolls.jpg 

Chocolate Milk Tile paper by Elizabeth Weaver; Orange Floral paper by Elizabeth Weaver; Baking Up Some Love by Carole Harden; My Heart Sings Stapled String by Elizabeth Weaver'; Century Gothic Font    

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #11 
Well, here is one of my budget-friendly, home-made Christmas gifts.  Easy to make in a pinch.... I have most of the stuff on hand... It always gets rave reviews! Win-win-win!

Recipe-Card---Peanut-Brittle.jpg   

Credits: Sweet Shoppe Combo Pack by Share the Luv (aka Carole Hardin)

I'm thinking this would make a cute gift for some upcoming Bridal Showers... hmmm.....

BarbN

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #12 
This is a first for me.  I've never thought of scrapping a page with a recipe. Thanks!  This is a thick soup so you can adjust this when you make the milk mixture addition.  Our family does not even add salt or pepper.  It is so good.  Kit is MM5-Recipe Book (DSP).

2014-potato soup-001.jpg 

Elizabeth

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #13 
Wow, I'm loving the participation on this!  And you know what I sat here (reading) and said (out loud as my tummy rumbled):  "Did I eat dinner?  *thinks*  I ate dinner."  No fair making me hungry, people!

Raphne, I add the thumb the same way we are used to, from the 'copy image location' on the thumbnail page, then you click that while you're still in the editing/posting post, and it gets handles.  From there you click the chain link icon and can add the link to the page with the kit.  Now that's with me putting the thumb of the kit in a post; if you are just linking from your layout then do the last half only.
Tbear

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #14 
Broccili-Salad.jpg 
I really love this salad. I am planning on making it again for our guest tomorrow.
Kit used: Veronica overlays by Elizabeth Weaver Market Cross (not in store yet)

You can get these awesome overlays for free by participating in this month's Market Cross BOGO challenge. See it here:
http://forums.mymemories.com/post/the-market-cross-bogo-challenge-june-2014-6925157?pid=1283176539#post1283176539

Elizabeth

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #15 
Except for the ramen (lol), it sounds delish, Tbear!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.