MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
mnmkennedy

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

Would you be willing to share what software you use to create your digital scrapbooking kits?

McKenzie
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
There are a number of designers here and we all use a variety of different programs. It probably varies as much as which programs are used to make scrapbooking pages. [smile]

I know I use a variety of programs offered by Adobe; there is no single program I use exclusively.
NutkinTailz

Reply with quote  #3 
I use Photoshop CS6 but I would say the most popular ones that get used would be Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Coral Draw, Paint Shop Pro....these are all graphics programs. They can be expensive to purchase depending on the version but if you have access to a student you can get the student versions cheaper. Also there is on call Gimp that is very similar to photoshop and it' free, but the only downside to this one I believe is that there is no support out there as it's rather old. I did use it years ago and found it good. Hope this helps you somewhat [smile]

sparky_kbs

Reply with quote  #4 
I use Paintshop ProX6 I've been using PSP since version X.  

Art For Scrapbooking

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #5 
I use mainly Photoshop CS3 or 6 and illustrator occasionally and a few extra programs when I want to play lol. Designing kits requires more then playing with them to make layouts and books etc.

Use Coupon Code STMMMS1992 to get $10 off MyMemories Suite v.5
a FREE Photobook and a $10 coupon for the MyMemories store
kjoistudios

Reply with quote  #6 
For designing I use CS3, Illustrator, Gimp and Art Rage & MMS to create templates and photo books. [smile]

Valerie

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi McKenzie!  I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CC.  The album templates are created with MM Suite software.

Valerie

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #8 
CS6, though I'm SLOWLY, and I MEAN SLOWLY, learning a little about Illustrator, which has its definite advantages. [smile]
LoveItScrapIt

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #9 
CS6. I've taken Illustrator courses, but I don't have it on my PC to play with more. I'd love to get ArtRage too.

Reply with quote  #10 
Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator. I have another graphic software program I use at times to hand draw elements but I can't remember the name of it off hand. I use the MMS software for all templates for the store.

My Designs at My Memories Suite

Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with coupon code STMMMS0718 (you will also get a free month of the design club (8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off photobook printing).

awais ali

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #11 
HI,I use Paint shop Pro X6 I've been using PSP since version X.   
TxRose

Reply with quote  #12 
I use Adobe CC - Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge at the moment. I also have Silhouette Cameo, Brother Scan N Cut, I use these workspaces to test designs to make sure they work and they are clear and will enlarge. 

I also have the Cricut Workspace. It isn't necessary to have a Cricut to use the workspace. I don't have the Cricut. I like this workspace for its templates. 

I have a lot of CAD software that is unrelated. I have Hatch, Wild Ginger, and a few others. I mention these because I also use them to test design quality.

I have found that the most helpful classes if you want to learn Adobe is Lynda.com. These classes are rather lengthy, but they are very detailed. I noticed a couple of comments about not knowing how to use the software. 

Anne C
TXRose
Paper Scissors
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.