MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
reckartb

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm not sure if this is possible and if so, how to do this.  I am trying to add a border to a text box in V5 and I don't know how to do this.  Any suggestions?
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #2 
I don't think that's possible in the software.  I think you'd have to place the text on a shape and then create a border around the shape.

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes you can use shapes or add a frame or use the paint brush & design your own.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks sugar [smile]  Can you explain how to do it to reckartb.  I guess I'm not sure how it's done when adding to a text box.  I know that you can create a shape first and then add text but I wasn't aware that you could make your text box first and then add a border.

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #5 
There is a shape that is an empty frame. You can fill t with paper or colour and resize. Alternatively make 2 boxes One larger than the other. The smaller one fill with background paper and place on top of larger one with the coordinating colour/paper. Have fun rotating etc for effects.  Just make sure you move the text box to the front. Paint brush although harder to do will give you a transparent middle.  None of this is the same as text box in office documents but you can get an effect.  Otherwise just find a nice frame and resize. I have sometimes used ribbons or vines and just placed them. If you find a tag that has a pale inner and a dark outer, use it in the background and use opacity to make it pale until the middle is about gone and the border remains.  Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if I can help.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
reckartb

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks everyone for your help.  I will definitely give your suggestion a try, Sugar and let you know.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.