MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
jcbscrapper

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Everyone.  I'm pretty new at this type of scrapbooking.  I have fallen in love with scrapbooking again since I found this software.  I would like to display my albums on an electronic photo frame for everyone to see.  Does anyone have  one they would recommend.  I'd like to be able to show 12 x 12 and 8 1/2 by 11.  Thanks.
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I love the idea of using a digital frame! I bought one for my grandmother years ago and she loves hers.

The biggest issue I see is that most frames are rectangle, not square. so showing off a lovely 12x12 page would leave the page small and not fill the entire frame. 

I wish I had recommendations but it's been years since I've purchased one and a lot has changed. The market is saturated. I actually suggest going to http://www.bestbuy.com and reading the reviews of some of the brands they carry. Even if you don't purchase from them, the reviews are always really helpful for me in deciding which brand to buy.
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi JCBScrapper
I have a digital photo frame - my second one.  This one is a slightly different screen shape to the first.  When I make a page I try to make it close to the dimensions required by the frame. If I make it A4 (letter) size it cuts off just a little at the bottom.
I had already made a lot of 12 x 12 albums before I was given the frame.  To compensate I resized using XnViewer which is a free programme that does so many things either individually or in bulk.  I also use it to change file types as my frame only takes jpeg. It is easy to use.
The other thing is a lot of modern TVs have a USB socket that allows you to use your tv as a digital frame.
Cheers
Sue[smile]

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello jcb [smile]

I have 2 digital electric photo frames that I absolutely love and purchased from Target.  One is 8 inches and one is 10 inches but they do make a 12 inch.  The frame is rectangle of course and I make my layouts 12x12 so there is a space around my layouts on the frame, but I don't have a problem with that.  You could change the size of your layouts to 11x8 for the future, if that's easier.  I like to print my books, so I do stay with the 12x12 layout.

Digital Frames Target

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

jcbscrapper

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you everyone for the response.  I am going to best buy and target this week to check out what they have.
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #6 
Hope you find something that you like [smile]

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.