MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Elizabeth

Reply with quote  #1 
This one is easy peasy, apart from the fact that reading through the posts is going to make us HUNGRY!  So yes, I agree, that part's not fair and I should be given noodle lashes.  Sorry!

Scrap one of your favorite Holiday time recipes.  If you celebrate Christmas or Chanukah, choose one of your standard go-to dishes every December.  If not, give us your best wintery warm comfort food!  (more noodle lashes for me as I realize it's not winter everywhere for Christmas, either!)

Before I'm completely 'beat up'! go get those recipes done!  You may use a standard 12x12 format or start a recipe book with 6x4 cards or any other size you prefer to print.

What's that you say?  You want a bonus?  Hmmmm.....laying a finger aside of my nose I'll have a think on it....nah, that only sounds right when Santa does it so I'll skip it.   But I do have a bonus!  Post your recipe by the end of the day July 28th (and I'm not too fussed about time zones) and get this set of four recipe cards for your trouble!

HappyChristmasCards-001.jpg

Now, if you need a product to do this challenge, there are lots in the store to choose from!  For example, here is a perfect set of recipe cards which will be 30% off during CIJ:
[image]

However, there is no particular product required in order to get the bonus - so regardless of what you use, please play along! 

Tbear

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 

Yea!!! So glad there's a recipe challenge!! They are one of my favorites!

P.S. "...finger aside of my nose...?"  Sounds like poor aim to me. [rofl]

Tbear

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #3 
Brandy-Slush.jpg  I make this every year for our Christmas gathering.  Most people mix it with some soda (7-up, Coke, etc) 

Kits by Elizabeth's Market Cross:
Spiffy Santa:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=EWMC-CP-1407-65070

Spiffy Santa 2:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=EWMC-CP-1407-65071

smikeel

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear
Brandy-Slush.jpg  I make this every year for our Christmas gathering.  Most people mix it with some soda (7-up, Coke, etc) 

Kits by Elizabeth's Market Cross:
Spiffy Santa:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=EWMC-CP-1407-65070

Spiffy Santa 2:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=EWMC-CP-1407-65071

I read this recipe TB and it cracked me up!! Why? Because my cousin Mildred from Tennessee gave me this recipe, minus the peach brandy and freezing it, when I was there in 2011. She boils mint leaves along with the tea and keeps a big jug in the refrigerator as her version of *Sweet Tea*. I have been doing the same ever since. I just happen to Love Peach Brandy and think I will be making a batch of your version of the recipe very soon! [biggrin]  And by the way - Great Recipe Card!!!

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #5 
LOL, Kim!  There are some Christmases that I would prefer to forget the tea and juice too...
Brandee

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #6 
Brandee_chocolate snowballs.jpgMy favorite Christmas cookie.
Tbear

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #7 
Brandee, I am actually salivating! Your recipe card design is cute, cute, cute!!
Santa

*Santa Claus*
Reply with quote  #8 
Very nice recipe cards and those recipes fit together!
Wish my belly wasn't so round already... ho ho ho!
smikeel

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #9 
Chocolate Snowballs to go with the Brandy Slush - YUMMMMMMM!!!! Sounds like a top-notch party to me. [thumb] [biggrin] Fantastic recipe card Brandee!!

Here is my recipe card. I decided to re-make this card now that one of the ingredients had to be substituted. I also decided to include a photo of my maternal great grandmother, so future generations will know who Baba was.

I have no idea when Baba started making this salad for Christmas. I do know it was on the table every Christmas as far back as I can remember from my childhood. My grandmother made it every year and then my mother made it every year. Since it just isn't Christmas dinner without it I am now the maker of Baba's Christmas Lime Salad.

The original recipe called for two 8 oz packages of Philadelphia Pimento Cream Cheese, but since they no longer make that flavor it has been substituted with the Kraft Pimento Cheese Spread (mainly because that is the only brand we can get where I live). It's not quite the same, but is an OK substitute (unless I make my own pimento cheese).

Baba's-Christmas-Salad-mikweb.jpg 

I used Christmas Recipe Cards Designer Pack by Elizabeth's Market Cross.
Font: American Typewriter

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #10 
Super card, Kim. Adding that photo of Baba is an excellent idea!
OverTheFence-Patty&Diane

Reply with quote  #11 
I am sooooo ready to nibble snowball cookies and lime jello salad while of course sipping a brandy slush (or two)

Reply with quote  #12 
Oh wow, I'll have to make those sugar coated balls for my daughter, subbing gf flour.  She used to love powdered donuts before she had to go gluten free.

Tbear, I love that card with the photo of the glasses on it, looks so cute!

I like your font, Kim; I'll have to grab that one.  And it looks great with the photo on!

Sending out the bonus now - thanks everyone!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.