MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Pearson100

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I used 300dpi png files for an album. I'm uploading the album to My Memories Suite's printing services and notice that the files uploaded all have .jpg extensions. Is MMS automatically converting the png files? If yes, should I have just created the album using jpg images in the first place?
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
The PNG files used in MMS are because elements have transparency. This allows essentially "square" or "rectangle" files to really be ribbons, flowers, etc. Once you save your layout, the entire page is "flattened" and becomes a JPG file. This allows it to be printed flat.

I hope that all made sense lol
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #3 
In essence Pearson100 - yes you should probably have just done that [frown]  MMS is flattening your pngs and converting them to jpgs for printing.

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Albums to Remember

Reply with quote  #4 
All programs that flatten your page will convert your files into the format you save them. So photoshop, MMS, etc will take whatever files you have and save it as a jpeg for print because that is what most photo book printers use as a printing format. So as Rebekah mentioned you still need to use the PNG files to create your page. If you used jpeg files for everything you would have square boxes around all your embellishments.

However if you imported your completed pages into the software as PNG files and then sent them to print, yes you should have just used jpeg files.

Does that make sense?

My Designs at My Memories Suite

Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with coupon code STMMMS0718 (you will also get a free month of the design club (8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off photobook printing).

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.