MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
tchk

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I have several projects that I bought specific kits to use for the albums. I can't find a way to do this. HELP???
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Tchk and welcome. Could you give more info please. Are you saying you can't see any kits at all or are you saying only the ones you have downloaded since? If it is since, did you download as a general file or Windows or Mac? Then you need to know where you downloaded them to. Is it in general download folder or did you open them in My Memories Suite?

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
tchk

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
Oops- sorry I wasn't clear- I just reread what I posted and it doesn't make sense.

I have a couple of specific projects- a trip, a friend's wedding- that I plan to do in MMS. For each of them, I bought specific kits that I want to use exclusively for those projects. I cannot find any way to bring up just these kits in the software.
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
I am going to presume a few things. First is you are using Windows and the second is that you have downloaded these files to your download folder. Thirdly that you are fairly computer literate.

There is more than one way to do all of this. Usually the files will automatically put themselves in the correct folders. As that doesn't appear to be the case this time, I will walk you through the long way. This way gives you the most options. I find it beneficial to put the name or initials of the designer at the front of the folder name. This makes it easier in the future especially if you do any of the challenges or need to give credit to designer when posting online.
  • Go to download (or appropriate) folder. Unzip the downloaded files. (rename if required) 
  • Copy or move the folders to the following folders
  • C Drive>Programme Files(x86)>My Memories Suite>Components>.....
  •      For Backgrounds go to Backgrounds>Theme then appropriate folder or make new folder
  •      For Elements go to Embellishments> 1-Designer Embellishments>then appropriate folder or make new folder

If you don't want to do the above another way is after they are unzipped, open My Memories software.
  • Using the Left Hand buttons, click on the appropriate symbol. Orange flower for embellishments or green mountain for backgrounds.
  • Click on Browse then follow through to where you have the folders. You will need to redo these steps each time you change the kit.
As I said there are lots more ways but wanted to keep it simple here. As you get used to MMS you will work out other ways.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.