MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Portland Grandma

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I haven't been able to find how to make the edges of my photos have a feathered or blurred edge.
BarbN

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #2 
MMS does not have this function. If you search under 'Masks', there are embellishments that act like overlays that may give you the look you want.  Welcome to the forum!  goodluck.gif 
Portland Grandma

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for answering my question.  I'm disappointed I won't have this this element to enhance some of my pictures.  By using the 'mask' are you putting it behind a photo?  Or do you have a secret way of using it to get blurred edges.  I have so much to learn as this is my first computer system, outside of making a book through Costco where their elements are limited.  Thanks again.
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Portland Grandma.
A mask sits on top of the photo. There is a clear portion and then an opaque area where the edge of the photo is. It is an element that needs to be imported into MMS. MMS has an option of ripping the edges but that is nowhere near as nice as a mask to give a blurred effect.  The only other option in MMS is to use paint and then to make it opaque.  This is not user friendly. The size must be exact to start with and there are not a lot op paint options. I agree with Barbara that the best option is an overlay.  You can also cluster over the edge of a photo to hide the edge.  
Happy Scrapping.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Portland Grandma

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 
I sure appreciate your answer.  I will be trying the mask technique.  Your computer team might consider adding this effect.  I made a book using Costco's software and it was real easy by just having to hit one button to achieve the look.  Thanks again for getting in touch with me. 
A_VDZ

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #6 
I'm not sure if this is the place to Post this, but I also would LOVE to see this feature added in MMS.  It is something I used all the time with "just one click" in a program that I used in the past.  I love MMS and all it does in all other areas, it's just this one thing I find I miss time and again when doing various projects.  It just gives such a soft look to the photos when placed on a plain back ground.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.