MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #46 
Welcome Azurel
Sorry to hear of your Mum. If you have any questions, there are forum for that and someone will help you.  Probably many someones. [smile]  I am more than happy to answer any queries on using MMS if I can.
There are forums for scrapping your heritage/genealogy too.
Happy Scrapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurel
Hello,

I am really new, having never made a scrapbook before, either paper or digital. But, that doesn't mean I don't have experience with art/photography! I have been an artist for more than 40 years and exhibited my paintings at galleries and shows in the USA. I also worked at a studio that produced art for wallpaper, bedding and fabric companies. I owned a shop at a Renaissance Festival for more than 15 years, sold it last spring.  

I have two sons and one of them has two daughters. The oldest  is 13 and has been painting since she was about 2. I am glad she is also creative. [smile] The younger one is 10 and also draws and plays piano. [biggrin]

Last Aug, my Mom died, she was almost 89 years old. I inherited quite a few family photos that go back to the 1800s. I have some family history and have researched more here and there. I recently realized that if I didn't compile it into book form, that no one else would. I have one sibling, who has zero interest in the family and neither do his kids/grandkids. My sons ask questions about it from time to time and have expressed an interest. I was hoping to get some books printed for them, for Christmas. 

So far, I have scanned and rephotographed the photos I would like to use. I have photoshop elements, which I would like to use in designing the pages. I just joined DSP a few weeks before they closed. I guess I need to fill in the parts I am not sure about, regarding making pages and books. I have a pretty good idea what I would like it to look like, but new ideas are welcome, too.

I am really looking forward to meeting you and hope we can bounce some ideas around!  [wave]

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
Azurel

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #47 
Thank you, Sugar.
wumpabill39

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #48 
Hello all I am Bill and I am a newbie here, I Live in north Arkansas. I have done some digital scrapping ,I love doing digi scrapping ,have done a lot of d/s of old photos and collages, using Photoimpact,Paint Shop Pro and Photo shop., I love doing anything pertaining to Memories
diturpin

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #49 
Hi! I'm Diane but have been diturpin on DSP for 9 years...wow...9 years! I've been on 3 Digital Elite Teams (creative teams) while at DSP and I loved working with the designers there. I've been kinda lax about my scrapping for the past few years but am looking forward to doing more now that my baby is heading to college...wow...college! Looking forward to making new memories here with both old friends and new.
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #50 
Welcome one and all from the Land Down Under where women glow....

[wave]
dawn-in-nz

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #51 

Which one Sugar? [wink]

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #52 
Hello everyone, I'm another DSP refugee, new to the forums but I've been wandering around the MM store for a few months now.

I'm from the other land down under - New Zealand - I started paper scrapping but gave it away when I found DSP online one day, never looked back. These days I'm concentrating on my Heritage scrapping and hope to add lots more to my collection once we have a gallery here, looking forward to it.

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #53 
Why the one Men At Work sung about of course lol
"Down Under"

Travelling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said:

"Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said:

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me?
Because I come from the land of plenty."
And he said:

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn-in-nz

Which one Sugar? [wink]

[wave]
MagsGraphics

Reply with quote  #54 
I think I haven't introduced myself!  I'm Maggie Buckley, and I'm a MM Designer (the design name of MagsGraphics).
I have all sorts of nicknames: Mags, Maggie-is-Awesome, Darth Magius, Magius Malfoy... Yes, I'm a total geek.

10 Facts About Me
  1. I'm from SW Ohio, USA
  2. I've been scrapbooking (in some form or another) since I was 15.
  3. I've been designing digitally since 2009.
  4. My all-time favorite TV show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I've just discovered Dr. Who and have been binge-watching as I design for the past two weeks.
  5. I once won a radio context singing like the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz.
  6. I have two boys (ages 13 & 10).  Between them, they've played just about every sport... which I have to go watch... and I'm not a fan of sports!  As a result, my store has a LOT of sport-themed kits in it.  If you have a kid who plays it, I've got a kit you can scrap with!
  7. I've been married for 18 years to my college sweetheart.
  8. Before designing full-time, I was a first grade teacher for 6 years.
  9. I LOVE SNOW.  I love winter and fall and really, REALLY dislike summer.
  10. I'm really, really sarcastic. [wink]
Looking forward to connecting with you!
[smile] Mags

[QXuKEke] 
Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with this code:  STMMMS90118
jenniferscraps

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #55 
Hi everyone!
I'm brand new here both as a forum participant and as a designer here at My Memories. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, and I already see some familiar faces and names. I can't wait to jump in and start participating in the forum and challenges.
A little about me - I've been digi scrapping sporadically since sometime around 2006ish. I'm a jewelry maker and mixed media artist, and I got my start in this by designing internal promotional material for the bead store I owned from 1999 to 2009. Over the last year, I was completely bitten by the digi scrap bug, and I've barely looked up from my computer since ;-)

I mainly scrap my 2 daughters in layouts for their grandmother - I also have two fur babies. Luna, my 14 year old yellow lab, and Sam our 2 year old cat.   oh, and I'm a Canadian living in Whitby, Ontario a stones throw from Lake Ontario. Love living on the beach! 

Icegoaliemom29

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #56 
Hello everyone here at MM!  I too was a member of DSP. I was sad to see it go but I am happy to be here now.  I am still finding my way around the site but I like it here a lot. 

I mainly scrap my 2 children. I have an 12 year old daughter and a son (forever 26). My son was killed by an under aged drunk driver with 3 prior DUI's and a suspended license on February 16, 2014. I have turned to digital scrapbooking (especially pages of him) to help me cope with his death.  I also have 2 fur babies, a Cocker Spaniel named Pippin and a Coon hound/Fox hound mix named Buster.

That's about it!

Patricia
Abby

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #57 
I'm caught up with the posts - hi to all you wonderful scrappers!  I am looking forward to getting to know you guys and admire and enjoy all your layouts!  (I already introduced myself)
AliceMattison

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #58 
Hi everyone!  I too am a DSP refugee.  I mainly scrap my four grandchildren...ages 8 to 24.  I live in Central Indiana and have been married to my husband for 47 years.  
GailS

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #59 
Hi, I'm Gail. I'm also migrating over from DSP, where I started in April of 2006. I served 2 terms on the Digital Elite team, then became a team coordinator, site moderator, worked in the store, and was a DSU (DSP's University) PSP instructor for a couple of years. 

I have two children and four adorable grandchildren who are the most precious things to me. I am also a photographer and have done some professional work for various clients, including the company for which I work. 

Looking forward to keeping old friendships and making some new ones here at MM! I'm trying my hand at some CT participation for Kara so you will see me around!

KapiScrap

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #60 
Hello!

My name is Sandrine, aka KapiScrap & Art.

I'm French... and I live in the South West of France.

I've been designing for some years now.

Hope that you'd like my design. No CU. Only original stuff!

Keep calm and Scrap!!!! [smile]

- Sandrine

Blog: http://kapiscrap.blogspot.com
Web site: http://www.kapiscrap.com
MMS store: http://www.mymemories.com/store/designers/KapiScrap_&_Art
Previous Topic | Next Topic Selected Posts:
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.