MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Stumblinn

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
My hard drive is only 228 GB total.   I have realized that until I can get a new hard drive, I will need to load most of the content I get from MyMemories onto CDs and just bring it into the program as outside content as needed.  

I was so excited with the potential of my new software though after watching all of the tutorials and doing some experimenting with it, that I got a bit over enthusiastic on adding new content from the MyMemories web site which is taking up too much space on my hard drive and making the software sluggish.

Is there a way to uninstall content after you have added it to the program?

Thank you very much.

~Stumblinn
Lisa J.

Reply with quote  #2 
Let me forward that on to Mike to get the best info for you~

Lisa J.

EMAIL: [email protected]
Stumblinn

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you very much, Lisa.
Lisa J.

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblinn
My hard drive is only 228 GB total.   I have realized that until I can get a new hard drive, I will need to load most of the content I get from MyMemories onto CDs and just bring it into the program as outside content as needed.  

I was so excited with the potential of my new software though after watching all of the tutorials and doing some experimenting with it, that I got a bit over enthusiastic on adding new content from the MyMemories web site which is taking up too much space on my hard drive and making the software sluggish.

Is there a way to uninstall content after you have added it to the program?

Thank you very much.

~Stumblinn

Yes there is. 

In your Applications folder (Program Files x86 for PC), there should be a folder named 'My Memories Suite.' Inside that folder, there is another folder named 'Designer Templates Uninstallers.' Once you open this up, there should be a list of all the kits that you have installed into your software through our site. Once you run those uninstallers for the kits you wish to remove, they will no longer be in your software.

If there are kits that you have imported to your software from somewhere other than our software, you may need to remove them from the 'Components' folder. This folder is located fright above the 'Designer Templates Uninstallers' folder.

See if that helps and let me know!

Lisa J.

EMAIL: [email protected]
Stumblinn

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 
I found it, Lisa.   Thank you very much for the swift reply and very clear and easy to follow instructions.   
I do plan to purchase a significantly larger harder drive after the New Year but this will help a great deal in the interim to keep things on my existing hard drive and in my MyMemories suite software (which I absolutely love) manageable.

~Stumblinn
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.