MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello! Welcome to the July 2020 Color Challenge with Sugar Moon Designs! 
 We have been having a great time so far this year, and if you participate you'll receive a FREE mini kit and then all the mini kits add up to one large super amazing and colorful kit! So come on, let's get started!

This month's color is . . . . FIRECRACKER HOT RED!

sugarmoon_colorchallenge_july.jpg 

This month I've put together a hot red color board and as usual, for the challenge, you can take from the board or song ANYTHING that inspires you - color, emotion, quote, shape, just whatever resonates or inspires you!

Red seems like the perfect color for July - it's a great color to celebrate with, to commemorate your hot summer experiences, and all the other explosive and fun memories you want to hang on to!

Here is a layout featuring red that I've done using the Sugar Moon Designs' kit, "July Birthstone Ruby

(It's pretty obvious that my inspiration was fireworks, isn't it?! [smile])

july4_maddox2016.jpg 

I used the July Birthstone Kit - and it's Ruby - what could be more perfect?

july_ruby_preview.jpg

and here's my red themed song!

Okay, so it's your turn I would love to see your layouts!

For this month's challenge you don't have to use any special kits or supplies - just whatever inspires you!

Here are the challenge rules:

• Create a Layout, Mood Board, List, Art Journal, or Surprise Me with your format!
  • Save your layout at 600x600 pixels and post it in the current month's Sweet Inspiration Challenge Thread.
  • Also, don't forget to tell us in the thread which kit you used, and please link to that kit in the store so that we all can find it.
  • You'll have until the 12:00 Midnight Central Standard Time on the last day of the month to make your layout, so please have it posted by the end of the month! 
Sugar Moon Design store here at MyMemories [wave]Sugar Moon Design Blog

USE MY CODE: STMMMS42122 to save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software + 1 free month of the design club ( = 8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off on photobook printing.

THANKS, EVERYONE! Can't wait to see your layouts!!

Use Code STMMMS42122 for $10.00 off Software and Photobooks!

blondecrouton

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 
Used your fun Hugs & Kisses kit!  Missing lots of things and telling myself that this is temporary.  Look at the flowers!

Remember Flowers.png 

Sharon-shutterbug

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 

I was inspired by the tomatoes and by summer to scrap a page about one of my favorite foods (and meals!).

Summer-Supper_MMColor_WEB.jpg

Title made with Splendiferous AO alpha by Lisa Minor.
https://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=DSLM-MP-2003-177886

Papers, elements by Happy Scrap Art and Kathryn Estry, from Aug2017 MMBT “Birthday” and Jan2019 MMBT.https://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=KEDS-MI-1706-127056

Word art, flower by Aimee H from June2020 MMBT. Button from Sunshine & Positivity by LinsCreations.

AlyciaIN

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #4 
Here's my Red layout for this month's challenge. I used the fireworks, a lovely red Ford Mustang, patriotic flags, red fruits & vegetables, red neon signs, red main dishes & desserts and a beautiful red sunset on a beach. The papers are from your Baked Love addon.

2020_07 MM SugarMoonChallenge smaller.jpg

sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow! These are some dynamic layouts! I'm loving all the red energy and intensity! 

I really love the quote about the flowers! Such a good reminder!

A layout about summer meals? YES, please! When I was a kid my mom would sprinkle sugar on our tomato slices to get us to eat them! (That's how old I am - we ate sugar with no thought! [biggrin]

And you know I'm a sucker for a beautiful collage! I LOVE this one! It's just filled with red awesomeness! 

Thank you all for sharing your creations! I love seeing them!!! 

3dotsforme

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #6 
Red is the perfect colour for summer - Canada Day is July 1st!  I used the Canada Mini Pack by LLL Creations, Family Fun-Alphas by Connie Prince and MM7 Let's See the World.

MMS Challenges-045.jpg

sugarmoon

Reply with quote  #7 
Love your layout! Red is perfect for summer, isn't it! I love henna tattoos! I really want to get one, hopefully one day I'll find someone to do it for me! Thank you so much for sharing your layout and participating in the challenge!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.