MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
sue22

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi [smile]  I'm a newbie with mymemories6

I used a little program called PhotoPlus6 for years.  It was limited, but easy to use to create layouts and insert photos into premade quick pages.

I have a difficult time learning things strictly through reading and watching videos.  I'm having a hard time getting a grip on this software.  It's probably just the frustration of not being able to do it with the ease I used to. 

I followed the instructions in your video tutorial on using quick pages, but I'm frustrated when it comes to resizing either the original qp or photo.  My photos are apparently too small?

I'm using a quick page from another site (3600 x 3600) and a photo (528 x 960).  I figured out how to import both which are in png format.  I've even tried creating an album in a smaller size that would accommodate the photo, but I just can't figure out how to size them to bring the 2 together.

Clear as mud?  lol

Do you offer classes or one on one walk throughs?

Thanks, Sue

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Sue, Please PM me the steps that you took and I will guide you through.  I am in GMT +10 if we live chat at all.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
sue22

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Sugar,  sorry, I haven't figured out how to send pm's yet.

I took a little more time this morning and watched another tutorial from someone using the original MyMemories software.  The screen was different, but the applications were familiar and I easily found them on my software.
These are the steps I took to use a premade quick page and it seemed to work out pretty well [smile]  A little fine tuning is in order, but that will come with practice. 
I created a new folder called Quick Pages in the MyMemories Embellishment folder on my C drive and added my quick page there.

(Can I create subfolders in the C drive - i.e.  Embellishments - Quick Pages - {name of designer) - 1 Frame or 2 Frames, etc.)

I loaded the program and chose "Design".
I then added a blank page and brought in my quick page through "Embellishments".  I added a shadow to the quick page layer to enhance the transparent area.
I chose an oval photo box for the transparent area of the quick page and chose the photo I wanted to use from my files.  This resized my photo to fit the transparent space [smile]  even though I got a message saying my photo may be too small.
I then sent the photo to the back.
I added a Text layer (a date)
I then chose "Share" and "Export" and "JPEG".

Everything seems to have done what it was supposed to and I now have a quick page to share with my friend.

I do have an issue though.  Is there a way to export them to a JPEG so the file size is smaller?  This was huge - 11.2MB.

I really appreciate your input.  I've not been able to scrap for about 3 weeks and I'm anxious to get back to it.  I've got a lot of layouts to create [smile]

23372782b.png

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Sue,
Glad you worked it out.  As to saving, you can choose the format and size under the export button. This feature is available only in the paid version not the trial version.
As you seem to know your way around, I think you will follow the prompts quite easily.
  • Just select format (Jpeg, PNG etc) then click on the adjust tab for each item. 
  • The message is just saying that the pixels size is too small for professional printing. It would look grainy.
  • Yes you can create sub folders in the programme file folder/....../..... You seem to have already found the spot. If you create or add to these folders, you will need to restart MMS before you can see it on the left hand options menus.
  • I have found it beneficial to place all my kits under designer then kit name.  This makes it very easy if you want to join in any challenges or if you post the layout anywhere, you need to give credit to designer and kit.  I didn't think I would ever do that when I started. It was a big job to go and sort out all the kits. I had been filing under themes to make it easy to scrap I thought. WRONG. The kits are already themed anyway. You can always search using the right hand menu add buttons. If necessary when you are adding kits, add to the name so you can search easily.
Have fun scrapping.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
sue22

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 
Sugar, Again, thanks for your help!

I think I'll stick with quick pages for the time being while I explore.  I'm looking forward to learning the program and creating my own layout.

I'm used to following the TOU of designers & artists.  I have several licenses and it was always a requirement.  I'm a firm believer in "give credit where credit is due" [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.