MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
dmackenna

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I am considering changing from a PC version of Storybook creator to the Mac version of MMS5.  I have downloaded the demo version and it seems fairly intuitive, but some of my favorite features of SBC are missing.  Please advise if I am missing things or if it is just not part of the software.

Thanks, Deidre

1)     1) Is it possible to recolor/change the hue of the papers to match the color in your pictures (similar to the color picker for the hue change in the embellishments?

a.     When I use the “color” feature as part of the background, it loses all its texture and pattern.

2)     2) Is it possible to quickly make multiple objects (photos, embellishments, etc.) the same size?  Can this be separated by width and height?

3)     3) Can you add textures to plain color squares/items?

4)     4) Can you hide the photos (from the photo tab) that have already been used in the album?  This can be very helpful when making something with many pages and I don’t want to use the same pix on multiple pages.

5)     5) Can you move photos over from iphoto or Aperture a few at a time to create one page at a time (rather than importing the entire folder … which in my case was >600 photos from our trip to Hawaii)

a.     Does the software create another copy of the photos imported? 

b.     If no, what happens when if I delete the photos from the folder that was pointed to.

c.     Is there a way to link to Aperture, not just iPhoto? (they link to each other).

6)     6) What is the algorithm that defines the spacing for the ‘distribute items’? Does it use the spacing b/t item1 and 2 to make the rest the same or does it take the space between the first and last and then make the space equal in between.  Each approach can be beneficial at different times. It might be nice to include both options. 

7)     7) Is there a shortcut for rotating images just slightly? The sensitivity of the drag bar is too rough.  (almost never want to rotate >20 degrees).

If this doesn't work like this, I may post them separately

Thanks for your help in advance!
Deidre

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi
I have answered your queries down below in the quote. I have already asked MMS to look at incorporating these and some more features. They are looking into it. 
As you are using the trial version, there are a few features not available. The main ones are in saving and sharing. It does make a big difference.  Many of the designers have a voucher for $10 off the purchase price. This brings it down to less than $30. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackenna
I am considering changing from a PC version of Storybook creator to the Mac version of MMS5.  I have downloaded the demo version and it seems fairly intuitive, but some of my favorite features of SBC are missing.  Please advise if I am missing things or if it is just not part of the software.

Thanks, Deidre

1)     1) Is it possible to recolor/change the hue of the papers to match the color in your pictures (similar to the color picker for the hue change in the embellishments?

a.     When I use the “color” feature as part of the background, it loses all its texture and pattern. Import the background as a picture, make the colour changes then right click and make photo the background. Bit of a pain but it does the job.

2)     2) Is it possible to quickly make multiple objects (photos, embellishments, etc.) the same size?  Can this be separated by width and height? Regrettably no.

3)     3) Can you add textures to plain color squares/items? You would need to use a textured background paper as a photo or make a shape and fill in a shape with that paper.

4)     4) Can you hide the photos (from the photo tab) that have already been used in the album?  This can be very helpful when making something with many pages and I don’t want to use the same pix on multiple pages. Not yet. Either work your way down the photos in order or auto place all photos at the start.

5)     5) Can you move photos over from iphoto or Aperture a few at a time to create one page at a time (rather than importing the entire folder … which in my case was >600 photos from our trip to Hawaii) Make separate subfolders before importing

a.     Does the software create another copy of the photos imported? When placed in album yes but not on the viewing side that I am aware of.

b.     If no, what happens when if I delete the photos from the folder that was pointed to. I am guessing you would delete it. Not sure if you can delete while in MMS. I have never tried.

c.     Is there a way to link to Aperture, not just iPhoto? (they link to each other). I don't know.

6)     6) What is the algorithm that defines the spacing for the ‘distribute items’? Does it use the spacing b/t item1 and 2 to make the rest the same or does it take the space between the first and last and then make the space equal in between.  Each approach can be beneficial at different times. It might be nice to include both options.  First and last

7)     7) Is there a shortcut for rotating images just slightly? The sensitivity of the drag bar is too rough.  (almost never want to rotate >20 degrees). On the right hand side you can type in the actual amount but it must be a whole degree.

If this doesn't work like this, I may post them separately

Thanks for your help in advance!
Deidre

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
dmackenna

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks so much!  I will get the hang of it ... just need to find a new workflow.

One follow up question ...

Re 1)  If I make the photo the background, is it possible to 'pull it back out' to change the color again?  Or do you have to start over?

And a complaint ... they really should make the ability to only show the pictures that you have used.  My workflow will undoubtedly be to dump it from Aperture into one folder. I plan each page as I go. When I have a 300+ photo event I can't know what the whole book will be before starting.  Oh well ... I'll figure it out.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more about the software and the community.

D.

Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
I know exactly what you mean. I use very large photo folder also. We did a lot of travelling and take a lot of photos. It is not unusual to get 20-30 photos just from a roadside morning tea stop.

As to the background, it is start again.

As I said I did forward a long list of suggestions to MM and they have forwarded it to their software team. Anything like this is major programming work so it would take a while and I only sent it last week. I do have another page of suggestions already. [smile] I think I am a HEAVY user. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackenna
Thanks so much!  I will get the hang of it ... just need to find a new workflow.

One follow up question ...

Re 1)  If I make the photo the background, is it possible to 'pull it back out' to change the color again?  Or do you have to start over?

And a complaint ... they really should make the ability to only show the pictures that you have used.  My workflow will undoubtedly be to dump it from Aperture into one folder. I plan each page as I go. When I have a 300+ photo event I can't know what the whole book will be before starting.  Oh well ... I'll figure it out.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more about the software and the community.

D.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi dmackenna,

If you're interested in purchasing the software, I have a coupon code for $10.00 off the price.  You would also receive $10.00 in free product.  The code is:  STMMMS39428

http://www.mymemories.com/digital_scrapbooking_software

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Albums to Remember

Reply with quote  #6 
For recoloring you can also bring the background in as an embellishment and it will work better. I have a quick recoloring video tutorial on my blog if you want a visual. I have made a series of elements and backgrounds specifically for recoloring that keeps the texture and recolors almost exactly. This would work great for making your own textured shapes, make the shape, bring in the textured paper and recolor. But there isn't anything in the program that adds texture to a plain colored square.

http://www.albumstoremember.com/my-memories-tutorials.html

You can make multiple objects the same size but not quickly. You would have to do it by right clicking, choose info, then you can type the exact size you want your object to be. As far as I know you can't do this in a grouping, just for each individual item so it can be done but not quickly. [smile]

Happy scrapbooking!

My Designs at My Memories Suite

Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with coupon code STMMMS0718 (you will also get a free month of the design club (8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off photobook printing).

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.