MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
nonnasscraps

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all! 
I am fairly new to My Memories and have a few questions. 

Did I read incorrectly that I could create custom shapes? 

I was trying to bring in a png from a different source. When I added the graphic and then the shadow it was the transparent box that shadowed. What did I do wrong? 

I have been using a different app on my Mac, but was very impressed by the support with yours. Plus, all of the gorgeous kits---Oh my! Looking forward to a long and happy future!

Sincerely, Jeannie

Lisa J.

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasscraps
Hi all! 
I am fairly new to My Memories and have a few questions. 

Did I read incorrectly that I could create custom shapes? 

I was trying to bring in a png from a different source. When I added the graphic and then the shadow it was the transparent box that shadowed. What did I do wrong? 

I have been using a different app on my Mac, but was very impressed by the support with yours. Plus, all of the gorgeous kits---Oh my! Looking forward to a long and happy future!

Sincerely, Jeannie

Hi Jeannie!! So sorry I didn't see your note until today!! Yes, you can create custom shapes from the existing shapes in the program.  I think there is a tutorial on how that works hang on, let me see if I can find it for you.

Also, if you are trying to bring in a PNG file, make sure you bring it in as an EMBELLISHMENT (go to the Embellishment tab on the right-hand side Control Panel and choose Add, then at the bottom of the pop up box, you will see a BROWSE OTHER button, click that and it will let you navigate to where ever you have outside content on your computer)  Then select the embellishment you want to add to your layout, and by adding it that way, it will retain it's proper transparent background and the shadows will work properly!

Thanks so much for your question, hope that helps!  

Lisa J.

if you have any other questions, feel free to email me directly:
[email protected]

EMAIL: [email protected]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.