MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
PSDigitalMemories

Reply with quote  #1 
It is Holiday Baking time. Do you have a holiday recipe that is a tradition in your house? Or Maybe, one that you want to make a tradition?

For this month’s challenge post your Holiday Cookbook Scrapbook page using the Free Recipe cards here in the forum. Get your FREE Recipe Cards

1.jpg 
Make a Holiday recipe using these cards and come back and post your recipe from your Scrapbook Cookbook.

Get $10.00 off My Memories Software
use coupon code
STMMMS33859

KarenT

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #2 

My journaling, which didn't show up on this small-sized version but showed up in the box by the snowflakes on the 12"x12" version:  Mali Aasen Brende, Dec. 24, 1948.  Karen & Eunice frosting cookies, Dec. 6, 2012.  Mali Aasen Brende was the second wife of my great-great-grandpa, Andrew P. Brende.  Sometimes she spelled her name as “Mollie,” which is how it sounds.  Her step-daughter, Emma, learned this recipe from her and taught her daughter, Eunice, who taught my uncle and me.  We make these starting in mid-November each year and freeze them until Christmas.  After presents, we have a “little lunch,” which is desserts, sausage, cheese, and bread.  This is one of the seven kinds of cookies that our family has on Christmas, which is a Norwegian tradition.

I used 2 of the challenge recipe cards, a template from “ALFLT Blog Train December 2018” by Bits ‘n Pieces, 2 papers from “MM8 Christmas Photobook,” an element from “MM8 Embellishments,” and an element from “Blithe Spirit Mini Kit” by ADBDesign.

Mollie Cookies tiny.jpg 

Mollie Cookies
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3 Tablespoons boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter
1/4 cup burnt sugar (see recipe below)
2 teaspoons soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Flour to roll. (I use about 4½ cups)
Cut cookies quite small (juice glass sized). Bake, then put two together with powdered-sugar frosting.
Recipe from Mrs. Ben Moe (Emma)

To make the burnt sugar:
Melt ½ cup white sugar in heavy skillet over low heat until dark brown and smooth.
Remove from heat, add ½ cup boiling water, return to heat and stir rapidly until
molasses-like syrup results.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.