MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
[email protected]

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys,

I just bought MM6 last week after years of digitally scrapbooking with iScrapbook and while I was initially excited by the reviews and the interface, I am super frustrated at the lack of a basic tutorial showing me around the software and explaining the features.  The tutorial listed on MM's YouTube page is from *2011* and is four updates old!  I really, really wish the powers that be would put together a new, basic tutorial.

The MAIN thing I'm trying to figure out (so far with no luck at all) is how to view my library of embellishments (not purchased from MM) in the Gallery.  I viewed the tutorial posted on Barb's blog about using third party embellishments, but it suggests copying everything into one, giant "Embellishments" folder - which would essentially erase the hours of effort I put into creating subfolders for all my different elements.  I literally have probably 10,000 different elements; it's simply not feasible to scroll through all of them to find that one button or bow I'm looking for.  Surely there's got to be a way to maintain my subfolder structure and still browse through my embellishments??

Sorry to sound so irritated - I *really* *really* want to like MM but I'll have to go back to my old software if I can't get this issue resolved.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!
[email protected]

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #2 
I finally figured it out.  It was a variation on Barb's method and it worked like a charm.  I've still got all my subfolders and all my embellishments and they're showing up in the gallery.

I would still love to see a tutorial for MM6, powers that be!  [smile]
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #3 
Just saw your post. Glad you figured it out, I make my own folders and sub folders in MMS as I also have thousands of items. Once they are there, if they are under the MMS programme you can use the search button under add elements on the right hand side.

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
LauriP

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #4 
So is that the trick.. Put the folders and subfolders in the mymemories program folder? Cuz I have a very hard time finding what I want
Terrie Strout

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #5 
did they ever make a video showing how to do this?  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.