MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
ADBDesigns {Anita Diane}

Reply with quote  #1 

Be sure to visit my series "Documenting Your Life" on the MyMemories blog every 2 weeks. 
adbdesigns-gold-fever-header.jpg 
I feature one of my collections along with the latest question/prompt to give you ideas for meaningful scrapbook pages for your Heritage Album, and I include a freebie Page Starter to help you with the prompt.

Here is the LINK to the current blog post 

Preview of freebie (TWO stackers) & the GOLD FEVER collection you will find when you visit.

MM_BlogSeries_Aug16_post.jpg 
This collection is both plain and elegant, rustic and smooth … just like the times and the people who participated in some way in the California Gold Rush that started at Sutter’s Fort January 24, 1848 when James W. Marshall found gold. From the rugged miners who made their way across the great plains or traveled by ship around the Cape Horn, to the refined owners of San Francisco’s mercantile businesses and all the everyday folks in between, you can scrap your ancestors regardless of the role they played.

While most of the newly arrived were Americans, the gold rush attracted thousands from Latin America, Europe, Australia, and China. Agriculture and ranching expanded throughout the state to meet the needs of the settlers. San Francisco grew from a small settlement of about 200 residents in 1846 to a boomtown of about 36,000 by 1852. By 1870 San Francisco boasted a population of 150,000. Roads, churches, schools and other towns were built throughout California. In 1849 a state constitution was written. The new constitution was adopted by referendum vote, and the future state's interim first governor and legislature were chosen. In September, 1850, California became a state. Arguably, the Gold Rush changed our country substantially, by quickly bringing significant population to the Pacific coast and providing a period of recession free economic growth (1841-56).

GoldFever_HS_Bundle.jpg  

STMMMS89620 and receive $10 off plus all the other special offers!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.