MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
KathrynEstry

Reply with quote  #1 
Welcome to my Inspiration Challenge!  That's exactly what I want this challenge to do for you, give you a jumping off point for your layout.  Often it's tricky to know where to start on a layout, but then you see a lovely layout, and you say, "I like that!  I can make a layout like that!"  Luckily in this field, it's considered a compliment to the layout artist who made the layout, and you're not copying it, you're scraplifting it! 

What is ScrapLifting?  You use the general placement of the papers and elements and photos and text (or any of these), and with your own photo(s) and a kit of your choice, you make a similar layout.  You can use as much of the style and placement as you need, you can flip it around or resize sections to fit your needs, and you can make it your own.  Generally, a scraplift will look like the layout enough that it's obvious it is a scraplift.

Here's one I did as an example: 

Using this layout, A Trip to the Butterfly Place, by elenasworld,
FriendsFL-Liz.jpg 

I made this layout that I call Museum School.  These photos were taken on my grandson, Lincoln's last day at Museum School when he could bring his parents in to see what he'd been studying.
MuseumSchool.jpg 

I liked the solid background with the overlay stamp, so I used that.  I also liked the placement of the strip of papers and photos and I liked the loose look of the frame not fitting right on the photo.  Thank you, Liz, for letting me scraplift your page!

So, my friends, that's all you do, well, almost.  Here are the rules:
  1. Create a layout, scraplifting the page I show you that month for inspiration.  You must use a kit that can be found at MyMemories.  Of course, I'd love it if you chose to use one of the kits for sale in my store
  2. Save your layout at 600x600 pixels and show it to us in the month's Inspiration Challenge thread. 
  3. Also, tell us in the thread which kit you used, and please link to that kit in the store so that I can find it and others can as well. 
  4. You'll have all month to make your layout, so please have it posted by the end of the month in order to earn prizes.
Ah, prizes!  Yes, you can win with each layout! 

Prize: Everyone who posts a layout during the month that's a scraplift of the month's inspiration page will receive a free bonus from me!

One more thing to note:  When scraplifting, always give credit to the person who's layout you used for inspiration.  Thank her by name and give the name of the layout you scraplifted.  If possible, link to it in her gallery.  Keep this information with your layout, and refer to it any time you post that layout for others to enjoy.

So, are you ready?  Let's play!

(This is not where you post your layouts.  Please post in the correct month's thread.  Thank you!)

Click HERE and use coupon code STMMMS81177 to get a $10 discount on the purchase of the My Memories Suite scrapbook software! You'll also get free bonuses when you check out!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.