MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
NutkinTailz

Reply with quote  #1 
This IS NOT a loyalty card challenge so no stamps will be issued.
Challenge runs 23rd - 28th July Inclusive.
Prizes will be pm'd to participants by the 30th July, watch ya inbox

My normal monthly variety challenge is Christmas themed so if you do want a stamp please have a look here 

My whole store is reduced by a whopping
40% for the CIJ week but if you only want to see my Christmas products you'll find these here

As it's we're celebrating Christmas in July I want you to use a Christmas kit, it would be nice if it was one of mine and you can find all my Christmassy kits here but please use a designer from MyMemories.

Ok now lets get started [biggrin]
Welcome everyone to the first Christmas in July to be held at MyMemories and I'm sure it won't be the last. There are so many wonderful challenges happening and prizes to be had and I hope that you get to participate in them all.

For mine we are going to do a Scrap Mix challenge, call it what you will, Scrap Mix, Mix N Match, Scrap Recipe whatever but it’s a great fun way to scrap totally out of the square, it’s a challenge to ourselves so that we scrap in a different way to usual.

For those who don’t know how this challenge works you have a chart to chose your elements, paper and inspiration from and to work out what you use all you do is add together your date of birth and age to find the elements for your page. My date of birth is 23/03/1961, and I'm 53. Add each set of numerals until you have a single digit, this we will call our formula.

Example forumla

Month (0+3) = 3
Day (2+3) = 5
Year (1+9+6+1)=17 (1+7) = 8
Age (5+3) = 8

Once you've worked out your formula you will need to look at the chart below and chose the corresponding item for each category that's appropriate for each part of your formula.

There are four categories for the criteria: 

Month = Subject/Inspiration 
Day = Title 
Year = Element 
Age = Paper 
Then use the following chart to find your "mix".

MMS CIJ 2014 Challenge.jpg 
This is what I got  

Month = Subject/Inspiration Favourite Xmas Animal
Day = Title Make it BIG
Year = Element  Journal Tag
Age = Paper Folded Edge

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask just leave a note here or PM me

Here is my layout for inspiration.

Purrfect.jpg 

and don't forget to link back here so we can all see what you've created and leave you some praise J

and for joining in the challenge you will get this little prize but you must put your layouts in this thread to be able to receive your gift.

NTD_CIJFree2.jpg 

Tbear

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 
What fun! I'm gonna need another cup of coffee before I attack the math. And if I must use my real birth date, I'm going to add a pastry to ease the depression.
sammawow

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
This sounds like a fun challenge! I've done the math and now need to do the layout! I love your kitty layout!
sammawow

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear
What fun! I'm gonna need another cup of coffee before I attack the math. And if I must use my real birth date, I'm going to add a pastry to ease the depression.

I believe I will also have some pastry and coffee!
NutkinTailz

Reply with quote  #5 
Can't wait to see what you ladies comeup with. save me some pastry, I'm drinking the coffee as we speak [biggrin]

smikeel

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #6 
Well - I did the math and this is what I came up with:

Month - Subject/Inspiration - #7 = Christmas Decoration

Day  - Title - #7 = Use 2 colors

Year - Element - #2 = Glitter/Sparkles

And since I am forever 49 I did calculate it that way and with my actual age and combined the results for the paper. 

Age - Paper - #4 (age forever 49) = Grunge
                      #5 (actual age) = Whimsical

Now I think I need another cup of coffee and a pastry sounds pretty good as well. [biggrin]

This is also doing double duty with Nutkin's Nest July Variety challenge. And yes - this tree is still up in my family room. [rofl]

7-24-2014-Wish-List-mikweb.jpg 
I used Craziest Chrissy Designer Pack by Nutkin Tailz Designs.
Font: Noteworthy Bold and Noteworthy Light

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #7 
Ornaments.jpg 
Kit Craziest Chrissie by Nutkin Tailz:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=LNNT-CP-1405-58401

Alpha Hey Dude by Everything Erica:
http://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=EBEE-CP-1404-57960

Papers: all by Nutkin Tailz from my stash and recolored

Formula:
Month: 5= My Fav Christmas Tradition is buying a couple new teddy bear ornaments each year

Day: 5= Title is BIG

Year and Age: I used a ribbon, mask and glitter, papers in solid, striped and dots.

Somewhere in there is the age and year that is on my driver's license.  [biggrin]

Tbear

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #8 
Kim! We used the same kit....well...duh!  Sisters of a like mind.  We used some of the same elements too. I also had the ornaments hanging from the stars in mine, but then needed more room for the Big Title, so I had to take them down. The mask was taken from the tree element you used. Spooky, huh?
NutkinTailz

Reply with quote  #9 
LOL you two are just way to funny [biggrin]...loving both ya pages and thank so for joining in the fun....the kit you used suits you and me both...totally crazy we are [biggrin] [biggrin]

Santa

*Santa Claus*
Reply with quote  #10 
Whow ho ho!
This looks like fun!

OverTheFence-Patty&Diane

Reply with quote  #11 
WOW this looks like fun!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.