MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
lauraloub

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
Digital is the way to go if you are going to scrap the old stories, photos or just information you have.  I don't know about you, but my relatives' eyes glaze over when I start in on old stories or who was this or that person in the photos.  I am 77 and I don't want all the stories my mother and grandmother told me to stay locked in my memory so I am scrapping them.  I am the oldest living descendant of my 4 grandparents and that is a responsibility.

I do genealogy, also, but not at the depth of some I have met in gen groups.  I keep a family tree on Ancestry.com and spend an occasional sleepless night searching out documents and proofs of facts I have.  Sometimes I have to go back and change a bit of journaling on a gen scrapbook page, but it isn't all THAT hard.  I have a whole life book of scrapbook pages about my father, my mother, and one grandmother.
kjoistudios

Reply with quote  #2 
My family's eyes glaze over too!  But, I have found that now that my grandparents are gone, my younger siblings and their children are asking questions about them, their lives.  And of course the kids in the family come to me when they have a family history project at school.  I love digital format because I can email it to them or share on facebook.

lauraloub

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #3 
My 10-year-old granddaughter drew Taft as the president to research for President's day last year in school.  Well, "Taft" rang a bell in my head and I told her he was an ancestor.  Between the tree I already had and finding the president's tree through Google, I saw his great-great-great-great-grandparents were her great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents.  Ancestry.com calculated the relationship and I built a chart for her to take with her report.

Her classmates and teacher were quite impressed that she was related to a president.  The children stated that she must be RICH, related to a president.  Her teacher said, royalty, maybe, but not necessarily a president.
Gabby'sTree.jpg

snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #4 
I love your layout - it's very clear.  I've been researching my family tree since last December on ancestry.com. It's quite addictive [smile]

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Elizabeth

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh how fun Lauralou!
Meryl

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraloub
My 10-year-old granddaughter drew Taft as the president to research for President's day last year in school.  Well, "Taft" rang a bell in my head and I told her he was an ancestor.  Between the tree I already had and finding the president's tree through Google, I saw his great-great-great-great-grandparents were her great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents.  Ancestry.com calculated the relationship and I built a chart for her to take with her report.

Her classmates and teacher were quite impressed that she was related to a president.  The children stated that she must be RICH, related to a president.  Her teacher said, royalty, maybe, but not necessarily a president.
Gabby'sTree.jpg

I love the way you put this together Laura [smile]

Meryl

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #7 
I have done a few family trees, I hope these may inspire..

Davies tree.jpg

13_10_29_Our-Family-Tree_600x600.jpg 

13_10_29_Teddy-&-Maud_600x600.jpg 

NutkinTailz

Reply with quote  #8 
I am so envious of you guys being able to put this all together...I so wish I could but unfortunately I'd really not know where to start...you see my maiden name was SMITH...oh ys I hear you all laughing now [biggrin] I should really research my mums' side as her name would be much easier. It's Lycette so probably not as common as mine [smile] I just love all these old pics and for that reason alone I'd like to find something or a closet skeleton would be good too [wink]

Jeanrx

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #9 
Super job, Meryl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
I have done a few family trees, I hope these may inspire..

Davies tree.jpg

13_10_29_Our-Family-Tree_600x600.jpg 

13_10_29_Teddy-&-Maud_600x600.jpg 
Everything Erica

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #10 
Awesome work Meryl.

MyMemories Store - EEE Current Challenge ForumEverything Erica Blog - My Facebook

lauraloub

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #11 
Meryl, your trees are so inspiring.
NutkinTailz

Reply with quote  #12 
Meryl you have inspired me....I've started wahooo and gone so far that I'm amazed...even being a Smith lol...I've gotten right back to hubby's 4x Greats on one side and for mine I've got back to my 3x great and I've got so many hints on ancestry that I'm thinking subscription as I went to the library and used theirs only to find that my success rate with the hints is close to 97% [biggrin] but their network is sooooooooooooo slow it's frustrating me....reckon they do that on purpose so you get a paid acc lol

Lillyia

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #13 
Beautiful pages, Meryl!
kjoistudios

Reply with quote  #14 
I have 3 branches of Jones' and none of them are related, they make my head spin.  

I love y'alls layouts, they are wonderful.  I wish I had more photos. 

lauraloub

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #15 
My problem with some of my gen pages is editing the journaling when I discover new or corected info. I want to put some more pages into printed books but am afraid to have outdated info in print.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.