MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Saviscrap

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #1 
Would really like more options for the shadowing in the text box IE: making deeper shadows, it seems to me all you can do is set the opacity and not the size of the shadow.

Is there a way, have I missed it.

Thanks

*My Memories Designer*
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Saviscrap ...

When you click on the shadowing button and the shadowing options screen pops up, you will see the option for opacity and blur.  But you will also see the words 'Pixel Offset' and 2 numbers.  (I'm not sure what the default is for the program but mine are X:3  Y:2)
You can change these by using the arrow buttons on your keyboard.  Basically Y makes your shadow on the top or bottom larger or smaller and X makes your shadow on the left or right larger or smaller.  (Depending on which arrow keys you use ... play with it and you will see)

Click HERE to go to my shop!

Join me on facebook HERE -  Get up to date news on freebies, new items in the shop, sales and more!

Note: If you have already liked my Facebook page but are not seeing my posts it's because you have stopped interacting with it.  Come on over and just like a few posts or comment and you should start to see them again.  No interaction = they stop in your news feed.

Get $10 off My Memories Suite by using this promo code:
STMMMS29686
Get the software HERE

Saviscrap

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks I will have a look later and check it out!

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
Oh that is wonderful....I would never have thought to do that!!

I hope this helps many people.

Thanks again!

Reply with quote  #5 
When you click on the shadow button to add your shadow, there is a preview image - you can also click on the SHADOW itself in the preview with your mouse and drag it to the position you like as well!  

Here is a screen shot!  See if that helps - remember you can get the shadow properties just like YOU like them - then if you click SAVE AS DEFAULT that same look with the same properties gets applied every time you click on it for any other embellishment.  

You can change the opacity, blur and COLOR of the shadow, super easy!

EMAIL: [email protected]
Saviscrap

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you Lisa, but I actually meant in the text box, to apply shadowing to words, that doen't have all the options like an embie shadowing application.

Reply with quote  #7 
I always use the mouse to change the distance.  I do wish there was a way to save a variety of shadow settings because I don't use the same one each time as each element might have a different shadow depending upon how large or small the item is and far it's supposed to be from the page.

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

dillydoodles

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #8 
I rarely add shadowing to text. In my brain I think about text, say for journaling, as words written in ink or pencil on paper, and those words would not have a shadow in real life. I'll add shadowing to wordart words, but not text. That's just me... many people do shadow their text, and that's OK too.
Lisa J.

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviscrap
Thank you Lisa, but I actually meant in the text box, to apply shadowing to words, that doen't have all the options like an embie shadowing application.

Oops, missed that you were talking about text!  My bad - and I was so proud of my little screen shot! LOL  

L

dillydoodles

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #10 
lol - your screenshot rocks Lisa!
Saviscrap

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #11 
Thats ok Lisa, your screen shot looked very nice anyway lol

I agree I don't add to much shadowing to words, but I like to bein control of how I do it when i want to!

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviscrap

Actually I went in and looked at it once I was in front of my computer, and my example (screenshot) does work for the text as well.  Click the SHADOW button on the text panel and then you can either adjust the offset with the arrow keys on your keyboard as Lil suggested (which works great!) or you can click the shadow in the preview image of your text (like in my example) and adjust it as well.

Remember if you find yourself always adjusting the shadow for text to the same properties, you can set it the way you like it, then click the SAVE AS DEFAULT button and any text you add shadows to will have the same settings.  You can also choose the default shadow properties for your shapes, and embellishments and set them individually!

Hope that clears up and confusion I thought I caused!  

*Only the Shadow knows!!*

Saviscrap

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks Lisa I will check it out!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.