MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Debsy

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I’m a newbie and love digital scrapping but am overwhelmed by all the choices when looking for kits, embellishments and so on! Any suggestions? I do look in categories but so much!!! Thanks!
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi. Welcome.
Either look at what is needed for the theme/photos you are wanting to use or else a kit just catches you and you just want to find photos to go with that kit. eg. If i am doing a holiday, I try to fins a kit with a theme that goes with my holiday etc. Sometimes I go by the colours. Different designers have different styles. Which style suits you? In saying that though, the designers try to vary their style. Check out the blog trains and find who you like. The trains are free and happen every month. There are also the challenges in the forum which different designers have. It is overwhelming to start with. Try not to get flustered. 

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
marniejo

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for helping out Sugar. You have been a great help here in the forum.

[blinkie_for_blog] 

STORE       BLOG       Facebook Fan Page
Sugar

I really enjoy it here
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marniejo
Thank you for helping out Sugar. You have been a great help here in the forum.

Your welcome. People helped me when I started too. 

[wave]
Creative Team Member -various teams  
MagsGraphics

Reply with quote  #5 
Welcome to the DIGI SIDE, Debsy!

My tips for getting started:
  1. Pick a theme that has a starting and ending point - like one vacation.  Say you are doing your last family vacation to the beach.  Then you know you only need beach-themed items for THIS project. 
  2. Organize your photos so that they are ready to be scrapped.  Within your vacation photos, separate them into subfolders - maybe Day 1, Day 2, and so on.  Or Event 1, Event 2.
  3. Skip your opening page - this is usually some group photo or scenery photo - that you may not have yet.  And you may not know what you want on the cover.  So skip ahead to Page 2 - Your first day of vacation, or traveling to get there.
  4. 3 steps to a layout:  PHOTOS, KIT, TITLE & JOURNALING.  Break each layout down into manageable steps.  Pick the photos you want on the first page, and arrange them.  This arrangement is temporary - know that you may move them around.  
  5. Go ahead and pick the photos for your next page - and even the page after that.  I actually put photos on several pages when I'm doing a vacation - makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere.
  6. Choose a kit that will work for several layouts.  Add your background.  Then start adding more papers or embellishments.  Remember to SHADOW your elements and photos - everything you stack on the page should have some shadow - even if small.
  7. Finally, give your layout a title and some journaling.  Your words matter!
  8. Move to the next page and repeat!

I'm happy to answer any questions you have - either message me here, or come join my Scrap Group on Facebook!

😉 Mags / MagsGraphics

[QXuKEke] 
Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with this code:  STMMMS90118
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.