MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Karyn

This place is growing on me
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all 

I've just joined and wanted to check if there are any requirements regarding using the My Memories Suite software? eg must it be used to create layouts for the gallery?

I currently use Scrapbook Max and while I will very likely be purchasing the MM software, I am obviously  more familiar with SBM while I get to know the MM software.

Karyn 
KapiScrap

MM Designer
Reply with quote  #2 
Hello Karyn!

You can use any software product to create your page layouts... and add them in the gallery. It isn't required to use My Memories Suite. You can use SBM or any other software product. It's up to you.

Of course, you can download a trial version of MyMemories Suite. That'll be the best way to get your own opinion. It's a little different of SBM... I mean to create your page layouts. You can also watch this video as an introduction. Take a look at the software

Hope that it helps.

Blog: http://kapiscrap.blogspot.com
Web site: http://www.kapiscrap.com
MMS store: http://www.mymemories.com/store/designers/KapiScrap_&_Art
Karyn

Reply with quote  #3 
many thanks for your prompt reply, I have downloaded the trial version and can see that it offers some functions that I dont get with SBM so I daresay I'll be purchasing the software and taking my time getting familiar with it.

*off to upload my first album* 
Karyn

Reply with quote  #4 
ummm I can't find the gallery LOL
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #5 
Karyn, try going to your account.  On the top left of the page it will say 'My Account' and under that will be 'Account Overview',  'Account Balance' etc.  About the 8th line down will be 'My Gallery'.  If you click on that, you'll be directed to your gallery.  It's a crazy way to get there and I hope this chances soon.

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Lisa J.

Reply with quote  #6 
I did a little explanation of the new gallery and the way it works for now on another thread here in the forum.  It covers how to add your photos to your gallery and there is a thread topic that will show you how to create a fun signature for your profile as well that shows up when you post.

We do prefer that you use MyMemories for sure, and you are always welcome to share your layouts here, and please feel free to let me know if you need any help getting started - I am always available to help out!

Please send me an email if you decide to purchase MyMemories V4, I have a great coupon code you can use!

Thanks again and WELCOME! 

Lisa J.
[email protected]

EMAIL: [email protected]
kat75

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #7 
Okay, I guess I'm confused as well.  I'm an old DSP'er.  I was going to try to participate in a challenge but it requires that I use one of the OP's products, but when I try open the downloaded file (it was a freebie), it appears that it's only compatible with the MyMemories software.  I'd love to buy the program but it's not financially feasible for me at the moment.  Can these files be imported into another program (like Photoshop)?
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
There are usually 3 different download links on your downloads page. One is to download the MMS version, one is for a Mac version and one is for a Windows version.

The MMS vversion will only work in the MyMemories Suite. Did you download one of the other versions, and it is giving you that error?
kat75

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vL Rebekah
There are usually 3 different download links on your downloads page. One is to download the MMS version, one is for a Mac version and one is for a Windows version.

The MMS vversion will only work in the MyMemories Suite. Did you download one of the other versions, and it is giving you that error?
OHHHH!! OMG, I clicked the Windows one because I didn't see the "Other" selection.  It looks to be a png file, so I think it worked!  Yayyyy, thank you!!  [thumb]
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
yay! So glad it works now! [smile]
Albums to Remember

Reply with quote  #11 
If you want to view some tutorials to help you familiarize yourself with the software I have a few on my blog.

Albums to Remember MMS Tutorials

My Designs at My Memories Suite

Save $10 off MyMemories Suite Software with coupon code STMMMS0718 (you will also get a free month of the design club (8 kits) and a coupon for 30% off photobook printing).

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.