MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
TxRose

Reply with quote  #1 
I love Tear-A-Way Pads. They are handy and convenient. They are just large enough for the last minute grocery list or that note to self. I have them in the van, in the kitchen, in my office, and all over the sewing room.

Did you know that Tear-A-Way Pads are extremely easy to make?

All you need is some Clear Elmer's School Glue, binder clips, and waste strap paper. That is all you need, just those few supplies and of course the paper or card stock that you want to use for your Tear-A-Way Pad.

Here is how you make a Tear-A-Way Pad.

For this tutorial I used index cards. Why, because they were handy and they are all the same size.

The materials for the Tear-A-Way Pad need to be cut to the same size, unless of course you want to go all wonky.

I carefully stacked all the index cards together. I tapped them on my desk - all 4 sides - to ensure that they were all aligned. I was using 15 index cards.

Then I used binder clips to hold them together. I put a strip of waste strap paper along the top edges - on both sides - where the glue would go.

20190606_184913.jpg 

I used Elmer's Clear School Glue and put a thin layer of glue across the top.

I set it aside and let it dry.

The Elmer's School Glue is dry when it is not longer tacky or sticky.

I then removed the binder clips and the yellow paper strips.

Wow, I have an awesome Tear-A-Way Pad.

I made another one, this time with regular computer paper. I used a stack of paper about 1/4 inch thick.

I repeated the process.

This time I added an additional binder clip to the top, being very careful not to touch the glue.

This helped keep the paper from buckling during the gluing process.

Oh Wow, I had another Tear-A-Way Pad.

I have been having too much fun. Now it is your turn.

Here is your Challenge. Make your own Tear-A-Way Pad and share your pictures in the comment section.

The Reward for participating is yet to be determined. Suggestions are appreciated.

My Vintage Roses is a beautiful kit. Now is a great time to go and grab it while my whole shop is on sale for the 4th of July Holiday.

There are several Bonus Files with Vintage Rose. One of the Bonus Files contains Quick Pages that are just too beautiful for words.

But there is another Bonus File that contains the Tear-A-Way Pad Template.

One template is for 8.5x11 paper and the other template is for 12x12 card stock.
VintageRoses8.5X11.jpg 

VintageRoses12X12.jpg 
I uploaded my file to a flash drive and took it to the local printer. They only charged me $0.39 per copy. 

You are welcome to use Vintage Roses for the Challenge, or you can use one of your own files. Everyone is invited to participate.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will do my best to answer you.

I can't wait to see what you can make.

Thank you
Anne

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.