MyMemories Forum

Author   Comment  
Pearson100

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #1 
I just read in another post that it is possible to use other printing services besides My Memories Suite. If I want to do that, how do I prepare my photo album: how should it be saved/exported, etc? What settings to choose?

Thanks for any information on this topic.
Forum Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
It would depend on the printing service you wish to use. Each printing service has their own requirements as far as file type, size, etc. If you, for example, wanted to use Shutterfly, you'd need to go to their website and check the requirements for file size and type with them. 

snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #3 
I have my albums printed at MyPicTales.  They have a software program that you download to your desktop where you can load your layouts in it and then upload the album for printing.  I have had many albums printed there and I've never been disappointed.  You can also upload single pages to them for printing and then put them in a traditional scrapbooking book if you like that look.  They charge $1.00 per a single page.

MyPicTales

I've also used Artscow and although they are much cheaper, the quality is iffy. If you have a red background, sometimes there will be a reddish cast on everything.  But sometimes not.   As I said, they're a little iffy.

Artscow

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Pearson100

I'm new around here
Reply with quote  #4 
So what is it that you send to the other printing services? The jpg or pdf file that MMS produces when you do an export?

Thanks.
snackpackgu

Reply with quote  #5 
In your MM program under export - send your completed jpg files to another folder that you've made to hold the layouts.  From that folder you can upload all of your layouts to any printing company you choose.

~~ Hugs from Debbie ~~  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.